Thread: In Vegas next week; what's new?

Default In Vegas next week; what's new?

Hey dudes! Heading to Vegas this Saturday (3/8) and staying until the following Saturday. Not a lot of specific plans beyond Pinball HOF, a five-pound burrito challenge and general shenanigans. So,.....what is new down there since 2011 that I should not miss. I know about the new barcade on Fremont St, but what else is new or "don't miss"?

Blog Entries

A few things actually, I posted several of them on the CGE site; http://cgexpo.com/location.php

In addition to those, the Atomic Testing Museum is totally worth it.

The Rat Pack is Back over at the Rio well worth it if you like that sort of show

Margaritaville has expanded, the Ferris wheel was almost open the other week and may be open by the time you get there

If your a car guy = The Ferrari dealership at the Wynn and book some time with Dream Racing, they are the best school in town and I have used them several times this year, always a good experience. I suggest the 430 Scud or 458 Italia 8 lap for a first timer.

Be sure to drop by Gamers Paradise next to the PBHOF and say hello to Sean on our behalf and see CGE Adventures on display

The Mafia museum behind Fremont is really good

And if you want some wicked aviation fun they are running vomit comet 0g flights now as well as really fun air to air combat experience (think laser tag in the sky) I used these guys and if your an experienced pilot or never have flown they do a good job of tailoring it to your level. http://www.skycombatace.com/
    Retrogaming Roundup Co-host and host of the Hardware Flashback.

Follow us on Facebook!

Email me with your hardware problems to be answered on the air; techquestions@retrogamingroundup.com

Thanks Scott, some great options! I had the Atomic Testing Museum on my list, along with the Neon/Signage museum. We will be cheap-assing this trip, but I showed my wife the dream racing packages and we are for sure doing that one on the next trip. I missed the radio history museum last time and now it is closed. :-( Now I know how SoCal feels about the Liberace Museum being gone, but with 90% less gay.

Blog Entries

What was cool for me about the Atomic Testing Museum is seeing some of the stuff I used to work with and being able to show the wife, and of course seeing what all was done before my time. Take your time at that place, there is allot to see.
    Retrogaming Roundup Co-host and host of the Hardware Flashback.

Follow us on Facebook!

Email me with your hardware problems to be answered on the air; techquestions@retrogamingroundup.com

I was surprised that my daughter piped in and said she would like to go to that one with me. No one wants to hang with me for my full day at PHOF, though, but everyone will be along for the first day visit which will be mainly to keep me from being a big baby until I get to go there.

I believe the Rio also has the worlds largest buffet. That could be worth checking out if you're really hungry.