Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Intellivision Lives DS - From Top-10 Video Game Anthologies

2 20.00%
  • Tunnel Runner (Atari 2600) - From Top-10 Maze Games

1 10.00%
  • Asteroids - Top-10 Atari Arcade Games

1 10.00%
  • George Plimpton Intellivision Sports vs. Atari - From Top-10 Retro Ad Campaigns

2 20.00%
  • Beamrider - From Top-10 Intellivision Games

0 0%
  • Expo Badges - From Top-10 Gaming Memorabilia

0 0%
  • Tac/Scan (Sega) - From Top-10 Vector Games

0 0%
  • Sony Dual Shock Controller - From Top-10 Game Controllers

3 30.00%
  • Journey Arcade - From Top-10 Arcade Game Soundtracks

0 0%
  • Up N Down - From Top-10 Colecovision Games

0 0%
  • Bubble Bobble - Top-10 Arcade Game to Console Ports

1 10.00%
  • Ferrari F355 Challenge (Dreamcast) - From Top-10 Driving Games

0 0%

Thread: Feb 2014 Top-10 RGRU OUTS

Blog Entries

Default Feb 2014 Top-10 RGRU OUTS

This month we debated our Top-10 Outs from all the past RGRU shows. These were things that were voted out, but maybe shouldn't have been. Let us know which of our picks should have been reconsidered and which ones should have been left out in the cold.

Have you guys seen Outlast? It just came out last year on PC, and recently ported to PS4. It's a First Person horror game takes place in an insane asylum in which you have no weapons, and must escape creepy monsters in a maze using only your wits. To me - it feels like a spirtual successor to Tunnel Runner. In Tunnel Runner, you're constantly on the run from creepy faces who chase you around a 3d maze. I think this should have been a top 10 contender, as the game-play has gone on to influence other games . Sure there's Pac-man, but this was in 3d(Sort-of). On the Atari 2600! It should have gone in.

Tough choice. I went with the Sony Controller, but Intellivision Lives DS cart is a close second.

You guys were right on why Intellivision Lives DS didn't make the cut the first time since technically it wasn't released at the time. It could have been great, but it also could have bombed. Never to fear, it turned out great.
    Last edited by drich255; 03-03-14 at 02:19.

http://intellivisionlives.com/bluesk...html#beamrider

Beamrider was an Intellivision original. It was later ported to the 2600 and other platforms.

It should also be said that the Intellivision Lives DS does have some glitches and flaws. As I mentioned on The Intellivisionaries Bomb Squad episode, the countdown voice doesn't work properly.
    Treasure of Tarmin got the worst of it. The screen is cut off at the bottom. Meaning that weapon strength, level, equipped items, and half the backpack aren't seen. I'm wondering if it's an issue with the emulation because of how the original game was programmed.

I have to call shenanigans on Journey from the top ten soundtracks list. When I think of retro gaming soundtracks, I think of music that was composed within the limitations of early hardware while also showcasing its strengths. Its music that was specifically designed for gaming. Playing pop music off of an analog tape during gameplay is not what I consider gaming music. So... OUT!!!
    Dasien - Superhero Webcomic
    Read it now at http://www.dasien.com

The retro police will be out to get me but I had to go for the Dual Shock controller. I can't wait to listen to this I bet it is a great top 10.
    Proud owner of CGE Adventures

Check out my uTube channel for Spectrum gaming goodness:
    http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWD1...nQ0rpTg/videos

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by saberman View Post
    The retro police will be out to get me but I had to go for the Dual Shock controller. I can't wait to listen to this I bet it is a great top 10.
    You and me both.
    Before you insult a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, when you insult him, you'll be a mile away, and have his shoes.
    Jamesonline.net
    RetroGaming RoundUp
    Follow us on Facebook