Thread: Emulating a WII

Default Emulating a WII

I am building a mini gaming PC for the living room and want to swap out the WII and PS2. I believe that you can emulate the WII and PS2 and get better graphics which is a plus. My PC can seem to read the PS2 disks OK, but not my WII or gamecube disks.

Reading the conflicting junk on the web, some say you just need the right PC DVD rom drive, some say you need the right software and any PC DVD rom drive and some say you need to mod chip your WII. I would rather dump my original disks that try and find an image to download. I never have much luck finding images and when I do I don't seem to download 100% or they don't seem to work in the emulator.

Can anybody give me some advice? Once I get my disk images, what are the best emulators to use?

The best option would be a big house with a big gaming room so I could have every system set up all the time, but house prices in the UK are too high!!!

Blog Entries

The Dolphin Emulator for the PC is great. It emulates Wii and Game Cube games assuming you have at least a dual core PC. It also upscales the games to HD. The PCSX2 is the best emulator for PS2 games..again you need a pretty hefty computer for full speed emulation including a decent graphics card. (quad core for best performance)

As for ripping Wii games the best solution is to use a soft modded Wii. The mod is very easy to do. It only takes the time and patience to go through the tutorial. It can be done on a PC but yeah apparently you do need a supported DVD drive from what I can gather from the Dolphin forums. If there is a free software program that can do it then it might be worth testing to see if it works. I wouldn't pay for one though.

https://wiki.dolphin-emu.org/index.p...ing_Game_Discs

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by indieseoul; 27-02-14 at 03:52.

Thanks for the tips, perfect. I will give the soft modding option a try