Thread: Intellivisionaries episode 6 is up!

Default Intellivisionaries episode 6 is up!

We do our traditional “deep dive” game review; this time it’s The Dreadnaught Factor from Activision. We interview the programmer / designer of the game, Tom Loughry. We also interview Kieren Hawken (aka “The Laird”) from Retro Video Gamer in the UK. And this month we have a special guest host, Kevin Savetz – author of “The Terrible Nerd”, one of the hosts of Antic: The Atari 8-bit Podcast, and an Intellivision collector. And all the feedback, news and fun you’ve come to expect from our show is here too.

http://www.intellivisionaries.com

Vipp Guest

Another BRILLIANT episode guys, i really regret not getting my recording in on time. i can't believe young folks would rather do homework than play this game. The Dreadnaught Factor is in my top 10 games of all time.

Thanks Vipp. And you can still send us a review if you like. I'd be happy to include it in the next episode.

So what skill level do you play, and what's your high score?

Vipp Guest

I like to play on the difficulty setting at 5, that seems to be the right amount of challenge for me, anything above that and i find it hard to stay alive for more than one Dreadnaught. I will see if i can get a screen grab today and drop it here, i can't remember what it is to be honest, from the sound of it you guys are great at the game!.

Diagamblic Guest

I should be getting this game in the mail shortly! Just got intellivision rocks because of the mention on the show! As always, great show!

Vipp Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Diagamblic View Post
    I should be getting this game in the mail shortly! Just got intellivision rocks because of the mention on the show! As always, great show!
    I need to get an intellivision to play this game how it should be played. The PSP is nice but i get the feeling this game belongs on the big screen.

my score is pathetic, on setting 5 i can get to the second ship but over all my top end score on this difficulty is about 2000. i need to get better.

I've never played it on the PSP, so I can't judge the differences. But yeah, Vipp (and Diagamblic!)... real hardware is the way to go.

That said, if you're playing on a PC or Mac, you may want to consider getting The Ultimate PC interface, so you can plug in real controllers:

http://www.intellivision.us/intvgame.../interface.php

Vipp Guest

That is pretty epic. The psp version of games can be way more hassle than they are worth but some games play very nicely like Dreadnaught Factor.