Thread: Somehwhat long time RGR fan, small time poster

Default Somehwhat long time RGR fan, small time poster

Hey everyone,
    I've been kind of in the shadows around the forums here and I've posted a couple of things here and there, but I really haven't engaged in any conversations so I've decided to try to rectify that. I've been a video game fanatic since I was 6 years old and my life changed when I received an Atari 2600 for Christmas back in 1982. I still have it and unlike my Xbox 360 it's still working to this day. The consoles I currently own are Atari 2600, Intellivision, NES, SNES, Dreamcast, PS1, PS2, PS3, and a Wii. I used to have an Xbox and an Xbox 360, but I gave the Xbox to a friend and I've already mentioned the demise of my 360. I'm also into older DOS/PC games as well, but most of that collection has either disappeared or been sold unfortunately. I've been listening the RGR podcast for about 2 years now and I absolutely love the content and look forward to the new one every month. I've yet to go into the chat when the listener news and views is being recorded and it's mainly because I'm at work when it's going on, but I'll end up in there someday. There's a million other things I could go on about this crazy hobby of mine, but I'm introducing myself, not writing a novella. I'm looking forward to chatting it up with fellow enthusiasts here and I'll try not to be such a lurking stranger in the future.

drich255 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Sleepyeyed View Post
    ...The consoles I currently own are Atari 2600, Intellivision, NES, SNES, Dreamcast, PS1, PS2, PS3, and a Wii...
    What, no N64? Just kidding. It is actually a very impressive collection.

I haven't done the live news thing either, but do participate more in the forums. It is actually very respectful and mostly politics free (some things should transcend politics). It is a great hobby. Collect stamps or video games? No contest.

Diagamblic Guest

Welcome!

If you like oldschool computer games - I highly recommend checking out
    https://archive.org/details/software

Specifically the Classic PC Archive and the Console Living Room archive. I've lost most of my collection over the years, so this is a nice legal way for me to play lots of these old forgotten classics.

Quote Originally Posted by drich255 View Post
    What, no N64? Just kidding. It is actually a very impressive collection.
    Actually my sister has a N64. Not really sure why, but I never really gravitated towards that particular console.

Quote Originally Posted by Diagamblic View Post
    Welcome!

If you like oldschool computer games - I highly recommend checking out
    https://archive.org/details/software

Specifically the Classic PC Archive and the Console Living Room archive. I've lost most of my collection over the years, so this is a nice legal way for me to play lots of these old forgotten classics.
    That's one awesome collection. I have heard of this archive before, but never really gave it a good look. I think I'll be spending some quality time on that site.