Thread: retro plug n play driving games?

Default retro plug n play driving games?

You know what someone should make? They should make one of those plug n play consoles with a steering wheel on it that can let me play classic driving games. I know Pole Position is on one of the plug n play units where you turn the ball-top joystick which may be fine but I'd really like to see a machine like

this

51dY0zGR0EL._SY300_.jpg

or this

mMb6BU5oCTAOMqq9KmaDXdw.jpg

but plays classics like Spy Hunter, Night Driver, maybe even Out-Run. It seems like an area that plug n play would really show its worth and yet the only ones I can find (like the ones above) are full of crummy clones of the classics and not very good ones at that.

Blog Entries

Let's do a kickstarter!!!!
    Before you insult a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, when you insult him, you'll be a mile away, and have his shoes.
    Jamesonline.net
    RetroGaming RoundUp
    Follow us on Facebook

random_dave Guest

fucksocks, i just binned a broken ps2 steering wheel in the process of moving, if i'd have seen this earlier i'll have stripped the innards and bunged a raspberry pi in it and made one

Having said that, you can often pick up wheels on freecycle/charity shops, so perhaps it's one to keep an eye on

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerSpaceFan View Post
    You know what someone should make? They should make one of those plug n play consoles with a steering wheel on it that can let me play classic driving games. I know Pole Position is on one of the plug n play units where you turn the ball-top joystick which may be fine but I'd really like to see a machine like

this

51dY0zGR0EL._SY300_.jpg

or this

mMb6BU5oCTAOMqq9KmaDXdw.jpg

but plays classics like Spy Hunter, Night Driver, maybe even Out-Run. It seems like an area that plug n play would really show its worth and yet the only ones I can find (like the ones above) are full of crummy clones of the classics and not very good ones at that.
    I built myself a full sized driving MAME cab a couple of years back based around a Logitech PC joystick. I really botched up the paint job and got no side art so it is a bit of a big black monster though:

Broxtowe-20120623-00026.jpg

The only 2 games worth playing are Out-run and Chase HQ though.
    Proud owner of CGE Adventures

Check out my uTube channel for Spectrum gaming goodness:
    http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWD1...nQ0rpTg/videos