Thread: Fallout 1,2 and Tatics REMOVED from GOG.com

Vipp Guest

Default Fallout 1,2 and Tatics REMOVED from GOG.com

I tried to find out why but all i can find is speculation so if anyone ha insider knowledge let us know. But for those of you who haven't got the games on the lovely DRM Free gog.com im afraid it's too late. but Steam will still rent you a copy of each game.

here is what gog.com had to say about it.

Removed from catalog: Fallout 1, 2, & Tactics

Today, we bid farewell to the legendary post-apocalyptic 2D classics.

Due to circumstances beyond our control, we needed to pull the three classic Fallout games, that is Fallout, Fallout 2, and Fallout Tactics, from sale and remove them from our DRM-free catalog. These classic titles have been with us since day one, that is for over 5 years now, and they were always one of the highlights of the selection of games that we offer. There are very few titles in the history of computer role-playing games, that have had so much impact on the gaming landscape, players' expectations, and even the popular culture. The iconic setting, the memorable quotes, and unparalleled amount of fun and challenge these games provide--it's all burned in the memory of a whole generation of gamers. Probably even more than just one generation. It was an honor to have you here, Fallout. Take good care of yourself out there, try not to mistake a gecko for G.E.C.K. (not even remotely the same thing!), and remember to take your Rad-X pills!

All those who acquired Fallout, Fallout 2, or Fallout Tactics on GOG.com prior to the date of removal (that is before Tuesday, December 31st 2013, at 3:59PM GMT), will still be able to download the games' install files (as well as the bonus content) via the "My Games" section of their user accounts. Gift-codes for these three games acquired in our recent giveaway are no longer valid. However, if you own a gift-code for any or all of them that was purchased outside of the said giveaway, you'll still be able to redeem it in the foreseeable future.

We sincerely apologize for all the inconvenience this situation may have caused you.

Diagamblic Guest

Something about Interplay losing any remaining rights to the Fallout name i believe.

Blog Entries

Did you get those games free from GoG vipp? I checked my Gog account the other day to find out that on December 13 they had put the Fallout games in my Library. I wonder if they just gave them out to all GoG users for free near the end. It's a shame that they can't sell them anymore. The Fallout series is what made GOG a viable game purchasing platform.

I just noticed that on December 13th they gave the games out for free. I guess I must have added them to my library and simply failed to remember doing that. Cool I guess I will have to spend the time playing them now!
    Last edited by indieseoul; 15-01-14 at 10:25.

Vipp Guest

Quote Originally Posted by indieseoul View Post
    Did you get those games free from GoG vipp? I checked my Gog account the other day to find out that on December 13 they had put the Fallout games in my Library. I wonder if they just gave them out to all GoG users for free near the end. It's a shame that they can't sell them anymore. The Fallout series is what made GOG a viable game purchasing platform.

I just noticed that on December 13th they gave the games out for free. I guess I must have added them to my library and simply failed to remember doing that. Cool I guess I will have to spend the time playing them now!
    I did mate yes, i paid to rent the first game on Steam but the others i didn't have so i jumped at the chance. DRM Free appeals to me. it would be a nice gesture if GOG actually did just release the games to everybodies accounts. and one big 'F You' to the folks stopping them from selling the game. haha.

i startedplaying the furst game and found 3 vaults, it really is a great game.

s1500 Guest

Fallout Tactics is a brutally hard game in some parts, but ultimately satisfying. You can't take the usual Fallout 1-2 play style and apply it to Tactics. If you even dare try, your whole party gets wiped out.

A while back I bought it off of GOG in my aim to play all the Fallout games. Some parts made me want to rage quit, but after trying a few different "tactics", I got all the way through the game. Learned the various aspects of enemies, strengths/weaknesses of your individual crew members & had a blast.

I never really played any turn-based tactic war games except for Civilization. There's a couple annoying quirks, such as excessive amounts of random encounters where I hacked one character to prevent that, but it's still worth playing.

Also, one of the voice actors is Red Forman(That 70s Show)/Boddicker(Robocop) which is fun to hear.

FWIW, they are back now. Also, I've heard a rumour that Fallout 3 and possibly New Vegas are on a leaked list of games that will be coming to GOG later this year. Which is nice. I've been playing Fallout 3 lately and because of its integration with Games for Windows Live it takes some fiddling to get working now.

I do have to say that now that I've finally got around to playing it I do love it.

It's all about wandering around a bleak, desolate, windswept apocalyptic wasteland populated by feral mutants, gangs of violent psychopaths murdering one another over hard drugs and a small number of terrified, desperate, forlorn people locked away in creaky, dishevelled homes.

It reminds me quite a lot of Scotland.

Blog Entries

Hahaha
    Before you insult a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, when you insult him, you'll be a mile away, and have his shoes.
    Jamesonline.net
    RetroGaming RoundUp
    Follow us on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon Bennett View Post
    ... I've been playing Fallout 3 lately and because of its integration with Games for Windows Live it takes some fiddling to get working now.
    I purposefully bought a GOTY Edition of it for my PS3, off of eBay for cheap, so I don't have to bother with that issue. I still have it installed on my XP box though.
    GamerTag, iOS ID & Steam ID: TripHamer
    Tripping the Hammer since 1998!

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.