Thread: Doom 20Yrs old today.

Vipp Guest

Default Doom 20Yrs old today.

Hi peeps, Doom is 20 years old today.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doom_%28video_game%29

i remember the first time i booted up Doom, it was brilliant and a good sign of things to come. Anyone else fancy recanting the first time they played this seminal piece of gaming history?

random_dave Guest

I remember going into the school IT room when i was supposed to be in another lesson, or if it was raining outside getting let in there with a mate unsupervised to "work" and firing up the shareware version and blasting away

Then every evening my dad would come home from work, I'd install it on his laptop, play it all night, then the next morning when he got to work the network software monitor would remove it, ready for me to reinstall later that night.

I've never finished it though, which is pretty much par for the course for me and shooters, I've stuck it through at chapter and a half once or twice, but usually i end up going onto do something else after a few levels.

Diagamblic Guest

Christmas of 94' we got the Sega 32x and several games. Cosmic Carnage was crap, Star Wars Arcade was good...but man...first time I played Doom I was hooked! Doom was my ABSOLUTE favorite game on the system. We didn't have a computer at that point, so we made do with the various ports of Doom. Later on we also had the SNES version (quite ugly that one!) and the PSX version (nice lighting!).

Anyone fancy firing up zbattle (or something like it) and doing some doom multiplayer at some point?

I originally played it on a 32x. Amazing how playing it on a pc is so much better. The wad mods are a great feature.

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Tapatalk

focusrs Guest

played it as shareware when first released. i had to upgrade my computer to play it though

Down in my parent's basement, I have a display box for Doom 64 that Electronics Boutique had out on display. This was one of those big 3 foot boxes for display windows.

Vipp Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Burgertime View Post
    Down in my parent's basement, I have a display box for Doom 64 that Electronics Boutique had out on display. This was one of those big 3 foot boxes for display windows.
    Mate i would remove that from my parents home and stick it in my own house. lol. it sounds awsome.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.