Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Septic Lemon has made a game!

Default Septic Lemon has made a game!

Yup, Humble Bundle were AWESOME in selling Multimedia Fusion, an evolution of Klik and Play for an awesome price!

Klik and Play, and the Games Factory (another version of the same software) were the only Game Makers I understood, so with the power invested in my knowledge in this software, I present to you, Perfect Red!

This isn't your Dad's Shmup! It's isn't even a Bullet Hell! It's about pin point accuracy! Wasting bullets is as bad as being hit by the enemy! Think of this as a bizzaro mix of Space Invaders and Kaboom!

The game is in Alpha at the moment, and you guys can play with it to your heart's content. I'm tweaking with the difficulty and balancing. That and trying to work out how to save the highscore!

Click the link below to try it out!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rfguk02z9hw6uad/red.exe
    Check out my Blog, GreatBitBlog, for reviews, opinions, and much more!

Diagamblic Guest

Brilliant game! Keep at it. Maybe make some of the objects fall at different speeds, and add enemies with different movement patterns? Or not.

My top score is 41650 at the moment.

Vipp Guest

i got this program too mate, it was well worth the $6 i think. I have a job now so it's all work at the moment but when they do give me a weekend off its going to get used for Sure.

Red is a lot of fun, im not sure if Diagamblic eats smups cereal but i cant get any where near his score! lol.
    Last edited by Vipp; 09-12-13 at 02:19.

Update time!

Not only does it look prettier now, but there's now joystick support, and bigger enemies require more than one hit to kill.

Enjoy!

http://greatbitblog.com/game/SetupPerfectRedV02.exe

random_dave Guest

Not tried V2 yet, but re: v1
    On my 'gaming rig' i found it very hard to line myself up accurately to hit stuff, this was a lot easier on my atom netbook running it in Xubuntu 12.04 under Wine, so might be handy to know that works pretty much perfectly, even on pretty crap hardware

As i said on skype, it'll make a great rapid prototyping ground to get the core game sorted to then take the concepts onto other platforms, be that Raspberry Pi, Mobile etc
    If you need any help let me know, I've been playing with an SVG library for SDL, so at any screen resolution you can have perfectly scaled vector illustrations, so you could probably make a pretty cool vector display aesthetic without going down the geometry wars opengl pixel shader macguffins.

Supporting a rotary controller would be awesome, maybe trackball/mouse too

Perhaps a sillier, but fun option could be tilt control for mobile devices, then to shoot you could either tap the screen, or shout Pew Pew into the microphone.

It's good to see you cracking on with it though, I end up being very inconsistent with my coding sessions, and it's always good to try and maintain momentum, especially when it's fun and feels like you are getting somewhere

Quote Originally Posted by random_dave View Post
    this was a lot easier on my atom netbook running it in Xubuntu 12.04 under Wine, so might be handy to know that works pretty much perfectly, even on pretty crap hardware
    Well it's only 1.2MB big! You can fit this game on a floppy disk! lol!

If I can keep the game down in size I'm tempted to have a limited edition on Floppy! lol

Quote Originally Posted by random_dave View Post
    As i said on skype, it'll make a great rapid prototyping ground to get the core game sorted to then take the concepts onto other platforms, be that Raspberry Pi, Mobile etc
    I would love to do that, but my Python skills are really bad! lol

random_dave Guest

Python is weird, I worked with a placement programmer on the second half of All-Stars Transformed, and all the little tools he wrote were in Python, and mine were a combination of the studio tradition of batch scripts glued together with C# and I definitly preffered my approach (as did the lead coder who had to maintain it later)

I can see how Python would be quick and easy, but something about the lack of braces and the enforced tabulation makes me uneasy, I like making my own spacing to seperate certain chunks of code (even though at the end of the day it probably looks a lot messier)

Diagamblic Guest

New Highscore: 112,700

ajh 112700.jpg

Blog Entries

Awesome work Septic! I also got the bundle. I'm thinking we should work on a special STR themed game just for the lols. Great work man and a fun game.

Quote Originally Posted by indieseoul View Post
    Awesome work Septic! I also got the bundle. I'm thinking we should work on a special STR themed game just for the lols. Great work man and a fun game.
    LOL, Zippy and his zipper! The testituclar adventure!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast