Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ian's 24 hour (Video) Pinball for Charity event!

Default Ian's 24 hour (Video) Pinball for Charity event!

Yup! I just signed myself up to Extra Life 2013. A Charity Event held by Children's National and Twitch.tv to raise money for children's hospitals.

I'll be hosting this on the 16th, Noon GMT, until the next day, hoping to raise $200 for the D.C. Children's National Medical Center as they deal with children entering the US from other countries for medical attention, as their country might not be able to.

I've set up a Facebook event for this right here! https://www.facebook.com/events/2234...an_user_joined

Otherwise you can check out my Charity page here. http://www.extra-life.org/index.cfm?...cipantID=86456

It'll be streamed on my Twitch.TV page. http://twitch.tv/greatbitblog

All donators can pick a table for me to play on Pinball Arcade, where I'll try to beat the table's Wizard Goals!
    Check out my Blog, GreatBitBlog, for reviews, opinions, and much more!

focusrs Guest

I will be there to support my buddy

Blog Entries

I will be in Barcelona that weekend.

Or Hull.

Sent from my Atari 2600
    Before you insult a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, when you insult him, you'll be a mile away, and have his shoes.
    Jamesonline.net
    RetroGaming RoundUp
    Follow us on Facebook

Vipp Guest

Quote Originally Posted by miner2049er View Post

Or Hull.

Sent from my Atari 2600
    Uk how many times will you use that excuse to get out of an event you think is bollocks? lol.

I will try my best to be there mate.

Quote Originally Posted by miner2049er View Post

Or Hull.

Sent from my Atari 2600
    I'm pretty sure they'll have the internet in Barcelona... And Hull for that fact! :P

Blog Entries

Barcelona yes. Hull I'm not so sure.

Either way I shall not be on it but good luck anyway.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
    Before you insult a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, when you insult him, you'll be a mile away, and have his shoes.
    Jamesonline.net
    RetroGaming RoundUp
    Follow us on Facebook

random_dave Guest

trivia time: In Hull the phone network is owned and monopolised by Kingston Communications and they're broadband quality and pricing is not so hot. They also decided to paint their phone boxes (booths) a dirty cream colour rather than the typical British red

Anyhoo, I'll be taking it easy on the saturday so i'll drop by, and i'll definitely donate some cash as I've done a fair few 24-36 hour game testing stints and know how difficult that stuff is, especially with the added pressure of keeping going for the charity and not being able to sneak off to the bog for a 30 minute powernap

Quote Originally Posted by random_dave View Post
    especially with the added pressure of keeping going for the charity and not being able to sneak off to the bog for a 30 minute powernap
    Err... I gotta have a bog break, I'm human! lol!

At least I won't be like a certain someone who went off to their girlfriend half way through their 24 hour stream lol!

bjones371 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by random_dave View Post
    trivia time: In Hull the phone network is owned and monopolised by Kingston Communications and they're broadband quality and pricing is not so hot. They also decided to paint their phone boxes (booths) a dirty cream colour rather than the typical British red
    I've worked with KCOM implementing broadband in secondary schools in Hull. Your description is quite kind based on my "sub-standard" experience.

Quote Originally Posted by bjones371 View Post
    I've worked with KCOM implementing broadband in secondary schools in Hull. Your description is quite kind based on my "sub-standard" experience.
    I never knew that about Hull. It's weird that Hull has a monopolised network system in place. That sucks...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast