Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What's Next For Nintendo?

The Wii U needs a Good Price - Good Games combo to take off. This can happen in the next few months. They have this window of opportunity from January until October 2014 because during this period Xbone and PS4 games will be few and not that good to justify their high price tag.

I base this on epxerience, launch games are mediocre at best and the developments times have grown so much that I expect the new releases to dry up during the first half of 2014.

By Xmas 2014 the flood of good quality games wil really push the next gen systems.

bjones371 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by chalksalad View Post
    I base this on epxerience, launch games are mediocre at best and the developments times have grown so much that I expect the new releases to dry up during the first half of 2014.

By Xmas 2014 the flood of good quality games wil really push the next gen systems.
    You could be right on dev time hampering the early take off of the new gen, one of the bundles Sony announced has been pulled already as Ubisoft won't have it published in time. I think the Wii U is starting to get there with games, Random Dave and I were talking about some that are upcoming that look quite neat. But the console price still rules me out for the time being.

Vipp Guest

Quote Originally Posted by bjones371 View Post
    You could be right on dev time hampering the early take off of the new gen, one of the bundles Sony announced has been pulled already as Ubisoft won't have it published in time. I think the Wii U is starting to get there with games, Random Dave and I were talking about some that are upcoming that look quite neat. But the console price still rules me out for the time being.
    Something overlooked here is how no one seems to mind that Nintendo (and i imagine others) are taking a lot of infromation from you as a user as well... my 3DS tells them what time i turn it on, what games i play, for how long, what games i look at on the store, what games i buy and how long i was searching and what serach words i used to find said game. how random my buying habits are. what games i play late at night as apposed to what i play during the day. frankly Nintendo's TandC on the 3DS was so invasive i stopped using it with WiFi. now before Indeseoul comes on here and starts quoting Alex Jones at me i am aware that in this digital age my personal habits and details are worth a LOT of money for companies, that's all companies from dog shit bag producers to folks that produce cookies for ceiliacs. Im shocked at Nintendo for the amount they actually take and the lack fo awareness. it always reminds me of the south park episode where Kyle gets put into a himancentipad because he didn't read the TandC of apple.

its a long shot that most folks will give a s*it about this but i do and i can't be alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Vipp View Post
    its a long shot that most folks will give a s*it about this but i do and i can't be alone.
    I guess the NSA or CIA can tell you how many people share your views. Hell they can even take you to an undislcosed location to meet them.

Jammajup Guest

I may of posted this somewhere else or perhaps on another forum but I think Nintendo are in worse trouble than they are making out.Was it last year or this year that was their first ever loss of profit in their history?,I strongly believe they have too much hardware out their to cater for and they should have learned from the mistake Sega made in the 90`s,I reckon they should focus on one hand held and then one console.To avoid being left behind they need to focus on one other console and trying to get clever and combining the two with the WiiU defeats the whole object.They seem to do well the family togetherness you can get with the Wii and linking handhelds so they should focus on those because they have already proved they are unable to do current gen hardcore gaming machine..

Blog Entries

They do have a lot of hardware out there but unlike Sega it is sort of amalgamated with the DS range and the 3DS range all running a common set of carts.

They are also dropping support for a lot of Wii to concentrate on the Wii U but the fact that the Wii U is a train wreck will hurt them a lot.

However, they have survived being the worst selling console of a generation before and I think they will again.

Their next console will have to do well to get them back on track.
    Before you insult a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, when you insult him, you'll be a mile away, and have his shoes.
    Jamesonline.net
    RetroGaming RoundUp
    Follow us on Facebook

drich255 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by miner2049er View Post
    They do have a lot of hardware out there but unlike Sega it is sort of amalgamated with the DS range and the 3DS range all running a common set of carts.

They are also dropping support for a lot of Wii to concentrate on the Wii U but the fact that the Wii U is a train wreck will hurt them a lot.

However, they have survived being the worst selling console of a generation before and I think they will again.

Their next console will have to do well to get them back on track.
    Totally agree. A lot of people were dumping on the Gamecube back when it was out and wanted Nintendo to get out of the console business and just stick to games. The critics also predicted the Wii would be the last console for Nintendo before it released. The Wii U has come closest to fulfilling that prophecy, but it isn't over yet.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.