Thread: Best of both worlds HD CRT TV

kynrek Guest

Default Best of both worlds HD CRT TV

Got this beast sony Wega for free on Craigslist. It's got a crapton of input including HDMI, S-video, composite, component. Supports 720p/1080i so both new and old games look great on the Tube!

Blog Entries

Sweet TV! Is that a 16:9 aspect TV? If so can you change the aspect ratio to show correctly in 4:3? How big is that beast it looks bigger than my 32" Samsung HD CRT!

kynrek Guest

It's 4:3 and I think 32 inch. 170ish pounds. Beast but it's perfect for retro games.

Blog Entries

Hmm 4:3 great for old games not so good for modern games that are in a 16:9 aspect ratio. My wife stopped watching TV so I moved our huge CRT HDTV into my games room and lately it's only been used for playing the classics. It looks a million times better than playing on a computer monitor.

5. Default

I've got a Samsung 1080i widescreen CRT, was supposedly the final model of HDTV CRT they marketed in the states. And like your WEGA, it has tons of inputs, including 2 HDMI's, though HDMI input 1 seems to have died on me. Nice find man, now you can enjoy your light gun game with optimal video quality.
    ~/\/\/\/\/\/\~
    View my current Game Gavel listings:
    https://www.gamegavel.com/sites/omega_supreme/

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.