Thread: Pitfall: All treasures collected

drich255 Guest

Default Pitfall: All treasures collected

So has anyone in the forums collected all 32 treasures in Pitfall? I've been thinking of trying this. It is amazing what you can learn from reading the original instruction manual.

Last edited by drich255; 07-10-13 at 06:44.

Blog Entries

Real men don't read instruction manuals or ask for directions. LOL I actually don't read instruction manuals for games unless the game is non intuitive. Having to read instruction manuals is what caused the video game crash of 1983. Just look at how difficult it is to play ET without reading the manual. (joke)

drich255 Guest

I think for ET you'll need the full strategy guide!

I actually enjoyed reading my NES instruction manuals for games I bought new. Our Atari carts were used, so we never had instructions for those.

I miss a good video game instruction manual. Most game manuals these days seem to be just bare bones instructions. Boring, pathetic, and mostly pointless.

Blog Entries

I have it as one of my gaming "to dos" to make a map for Pitfall. The treasure locations don't change, so its just a matter of writing down where they are. Then the challenge is getting a perfect score and not falling or hitting an barrels. I usually start playing going to the left, and I have a route mapped to quickly get the first 4 treasures, but after that I usually lose interest and play another game. I also still die a few times here and there even knowing exactly what I want to do.

drich255 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by wongojack View Post
    I have it as one of my gaming "to dos" to make a map for Pitfall. The treasure locations don't change, so its just a matter of writing down where they are. Then the challenge is getting a perfect score and not falling or hitting an barrels. I usually start playing going to the left, and I have a route mapped to quickly get the first 4 treasures, but after that I usually lose interest and play another game. I also still die a few times here and there even knowing exactly what I want to do.
    I guess if you had it all mapped out, you could go for the perfect score -- but personally I don't think that interests me as much.

I'd also like to map out Pitfall 2. I am not sure I would collect all the treasures there or not, but I would like to beat that game too.

GenesisDoes Guest

Pitfall 2 is already mapped out on the interwebz and I assume the first one is as well.

Quote Originally Posted by GenesisDoes View Post
    Pitfall 2 is already mapped out on the interwebz and I assume the first one is as well.
    I can point you to a map for Pitfall - http://www.rickandviv.net/index.php/...binet/pitfall/

Working on my gameplay skills and getting all the treasures is also on my list.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.