Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wind Waker HD - Wii U Bundle

drich255 Guest

Default Wind Waker HD - Wii U Bundle

I still don't have a Wii U, but Wind Waker HD sounds interesting. I really like Skyward Sword, but Wind Waker is probably 2nd as my favorite Zelda game. Not sure if it is enough to get me to pay $300 for the Wii U Wind Waker bundle (I still have my Wii and the Wind Waker GC disc). Maybe I'll ask Santa for it.

And the Wind Waker bundle is where you download the game. No physical content. Not sure I like that. I know that downloadable content is the future for gaming systems, but I think I would rather get a regular Wii U with the actual Wind Waker disc (which is still an option). I like having the option of selling my games (or buying them used at a pawn shop).

I hate that it's only a digital version in the bundle. Also don't like that I have to wait a couple more weeks to get the game, since they didn't release it on the same day as the bundle.

Tricky X Guest

So I broke down and decided to get the Wii U. Grabbed this Zelda bundle. So far I love the system. Picked up Sonic Racing, Super Mario U and Zombie U. I really like that I can use all my Wii games over HDMI now, that was almost worth getting the system for alone. Also now I can play Super Mario RPG and Earthbound. But man, they need some new games.. There is hardly anything for this system right now. Hopefully that changes. But fun system so far!!

drich255 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Tricky X View Post
    So I broke down and decided to get the Wii U. Grabbed this Zelda bundle. So far I love the system. Picked up Sonic Racing, Super Mario U and Zombie U. I really like that I can use all my Wii games over HDMI now, that was almost worth getting the system for alone. Also now I can play Super Mario RPG and Earthbound. But man, they need some new games.. There is hardly anything for this system right now. Hopefully that changes. But fun system so far!!
    Some predict it could hinge on the sales of the Wind Waker bundle. If they have enough sales, the larger audience could encourage more game developers. If people continue to hold off, then the large selection may never come. It is a bit of a gamble.

I think the Wii suffered from a bunch of low-budget crappy titles. I would rather see a few good quality games released for the Wii U rather than a bunch of $20 generic party/mini games that really aren't that good.

I did also end up buying the bundle, but it will be a family Christmas present. I may be going down with the ship, but I will throw my support to Nintendo. I also see it as an upgrade to my Wii. I get to keep my library and transfer the VC games. I'll probably use my old wii for the homebrew channel and emulation.
    Last edited by drich255; 13-10-13 at 06:35.

drich255 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Tricky X View Post
    ...Picked up Sonic Racing, Super Mario U and Zombie U...
    As for games, I heard Nintendo Land is actually a fun multiplayer game. I bought a used copy, because I am not sure it is worth the full price.

I am looking forward to Pikmin 3 and Lego City Undercover. On the eShop, I am interested in Little Inferno.

Tricky X Guest

Quote Originally Posted by drich255 View Post
    Some predict it could hinge on the sales of the Wind Waker bundle. If they have enough sales, the larger audience could encourage more game developers. If people continue to hold off, then the large selection may never come. It is a bit of a gamble

I think the Wii suffered from a bunch of low-budget crappy titles. I would rather see a few good quality games released for the Wii U rather than a bunch of $20 generic party/mini games that really aren't that good.

I did also end up buying the bundle, but it will be a family Christmas present. I may be going down with the ship, but I will throw my support to Nintendo. I also see it as an upgrade to my Wii. I get to keep my library and transfer the VC games. I'll probably use my old wii for the homebrew channel and emulation.

Yup, totally agree.. Very much a chicken and the egg problem with the Wii U right now. Figured I'd see what I could do to tip the scales. But man, went to Play N Trade near me the other day to see what they had. Of course tons of PS3, Wii, 360 games.. They had three Wii U games.. One used, two new. That's it.. No nothing else.. This system has a long uphill battle ahead to remain alive after the PS4 and XboxOne come out.. Also, they need some more stuff in the eShop. I was surprised at how few demos they have, 10 total.. That's it. That blows compared to the demos available on Xbox and PSN. They need more demos of the commercial games. Then the Virtual console. Would it kill them to have some more deals or lower prices? They have Final fight 1-3. All for 8 bucks each. Why not some discount for a package? 8 bucks each for old NES and SNES games seems a bit high. I know they had a bunch of deals for 30 cent games I kept hearing about, but now that I have it, those deals seem expired. Oh well, hopefully more come. I transfered over my wii VC stuff, that went well. Sorta of a trip how wii mode works, booting into a different system basically, but it works well..

TL;dr - More retail games, more eShop content, better pricing on VC games and do bundle sales.

Tricky X Guest

Oh ya, also like the Wii U Pro Controller. This is great for Mario U or any game you aren't using the screen pad for.

The way I look at the VC prices is this: Nintendo is at least selling them for a fraction of what the games originally cost at retail when they first game out. As a company looking to make some money off of their own products, the prices seem fair enough. I really couldn't justify $15 for digital version of these games, but I would pay $15 for a used physical copy (depending completely on what that game was).

I've seen a few people really flip out about the $10 SNES games even back on the Wii. One person got laughed off the board I was on because he refused to buy Earthbound for $10, then claimed he'll just emulate the game. When we told him to go find it used he went "It's an old obscure bargain bin title. Worthless.". After being linked to FeeBay to the $100+ copies, he changed his tune.

drich255 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Burgertime View Post
    The way I look at the VC prices is this: Nintendo is at least selling them for a fraction of what the games originally cost at retail when they first game out. As a company looking to make some money off of their own products, the prices seem fair enough. I really couldn't justify $15 for digital version of these games, but I would pay $15 for a used physical copy (depending completely on what that game was).

I've seen a few people really flip out about the $10 SNES games even back on the Wii. One person got laughed off the board I was on because he refused to buy Earthbound for $10, then claimed he'll just emulate the game. When we told him to go find it used he went "It's an old obscure bargain bin title. Worthless.". After being linked to FeeBay to the $100+ copies, he changed his tune.
    I would have to agree Burgertime. Just for nostalgia, the VC game prices are probably high. But for playing games that I missed or that were on consoles I didn't have, the prices are fair.

Will all future Nintendo systems support them? Probably not, but at least they will last the life of your Wii/Wii U.

Compatibility with the 3DS would be nice. If a game is available on both the 3DS and the Wii, you should just have to purchase it once.
    Last edited by drich255; 14-10-13 at 02:05.

Tricky X Guest

Some are worth it ya. I picked up Super Mario RPG and Earthbound so far on the Wii U. Had some from the wii I transferred over as well. Totally worth it for the rare stuff. But for the common games at 8 bucks each, I'll just play the originals.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.