Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wind Waker HD - Wii U Bundle

random_dave Guest

I basically bought my WiiU to play Monster Hunter, but I have ended up thoroughly enjoying Pikmin 3 which I managed to get my girlfriend to play as well, and New Super Luigi U, which is like Nintendo making Super Meat Boy. I didn't want normal Mario U as it looked a bit too easy, and I've been getting bored during games that have lacked a bit of challenge, but Luigi manages to be devilishly brutal whilst also remain fair and charming.

I've got Wonderful 101 and Earthbound waiting for some playcation time so i can sit down and do them justice, so there's been plenty to keep me busy on WiiU, but I guess if you're not going to play something like Monster Hunter for 200 hours, or you're playing habits allow you to get through an 8 hour title in a week then I can see how you could be running out of things to play.

It's pretty darn good for playing Wii games on too though, so if there's anything there yet to play it's a good excuse to catch up on some fantastic titles

Tricky X Guest

Quote Originally Posted by random_dave View Post
    I basically bought my WiiU to play Monster Hunter, but I have ended up thoroughly enjoying Pikmin 3 which I managed to get my girlfriend to play as well, and New Super Luigi U, which is like Nintendo making Super Meat Boy. I didn't want normal Mario U as it looked a bit too easy, and I've been getting bored during games that have lacked a bit of challenge, but Luigi manages to be devilishly brutal whilst also remain fair and charming.

I've got Wonderful 101 and Earthbound waiting for some playcation time so i can sit down and do them justice, so there's been plenty to keep me busy on WiiU, but I guess if you're not going to play something like Monster Hunter for 200 hours, or you're playing habits allow you to get through an 8 hour title in a week then I can see how you could be running out of things to play.

It's pretty darn good for playing Wii games on too though, so if there's anything there yet to play it's a good excuse to catch up on some fantastic titles

Best buy appears to be clearancing out lots of Wii U stuff, so going there today to get some games. They have pro controllers for 10 bucks and Nintendo Land, Assassin's Creed III and others are forty bucks off each right now. Cases and stands are on sale for like a buck each.. Glad there is a sale, but not a good sign if Best Buy is dumping all of this. Toy R Us also has a buy one get one 40% off sale this week.

Apparently all PS 3 move stuff is being dumped at Best Buy as well. You can get all the controllers, changers, guns etc.. For like 5 bucks each right now, 17 dollar for the whole setup I guess.

So in about an hour, heading over to Best Buy to look the clearance sale.

drich255 Guest

Great tip! Looks like BestBuy online also has some of the sales like Nintendo Land for $20 (ends today).

Tricky X Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Tricky X View Post
    Best buy appears to be clearancing out lots of Wii U stuff, so going there today to get some games. They have pro controllers for 10 bucks and Nintendo Land, Assassin's Creed III and others are forty bucks off each right now. Cases and stands are on sale for like a buck each.. Glad there is a sale, but not a good sign if Best Buy is dumping all of this. Toy R Us also has a buy one get one 40% off sale this week.

Apparently all PS 3 move stuff is being dumped at Best Buy as well. You can get all the controllers, changers, guns etc.. For like 5 bucks each right now, 17 dollar for the whole setup I guess.

So in about an hour, heading over to Best Buy to look the clearance sale.
    Well that was a bust. Best Buy didn't have jack shit left for clearance stuff. Someone already cleaned them out. Luckily I went during work, so it's not my time that was wasted.. :-)

Well that was a bust. Best Buy didn't have jack shit left for clearance stuff. Someone already cleaned them out. Luckily I went during work, so it's not my time that was wasted.. :-)
    If you ever work for me, you are going on straight commission.......... No surprise on the games being clearanced, but the controllers? No bueno! Of course, Best Buy is circling the drain, so they may have other motivations right now, but you would think they would try to sell this stuff through the end of the year at least.

Tricky X Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck D. Head View Post
    If you ever work for me, you are going on straight commission.......... No surprise on the games being clearanced, but the controllers? No bueno! Of course, Best Buy is circling the drain, so they may have other motivations right now, but you would think they would try to sell this stuff through the end of the year at least.
    Ya, not sure, it was the white pro controller and 3rd party pro controllers. They are totally gone now. They still have the black ones at normal price. All the good PS3 clearance stuff was already gone as well. Not sure why they are clearancing out so much stuff. Didn't seem to be just Wii U. Little of everything it appeared. Guess some of the stuff just isn't selling.

Ya, not sure, it was the white pro controller and 3rd party pro controllers. They are totally gone now. They still have the black ones at normal price. All the good PS3 clearance stuff was already gone as well. Not sure why they are clearancing out so much stuff. Didn't seem to be just Wii U. Little of everything it appeared. Guess some of the stuff just isn't selling.
    Ok, well I guess the pro controller is kinda for a small niche of games anyways and since the white basic console was discontinued, maybe they figure the white controllers weren't going to move.

bjones371 Guest

This bundle is available on Play.com for 199.99 for the rest of today in the UK - not sure about US shipping, but from what I can tell that's not a bad price at all.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.