Thread: Anyone get Ducktales?

Default Anyone get Ducktales?

If so, what are your impressions of it? I'm on the fence to get it. Is it just a direct update of the NES version (no new features other than a graphics overhaul)? I loved the music on that game, so much that you can actually just search "ducktales moon level" and you'll get tons of people's rendition of the song.

I've been really enjoying it. I hope they get enough people buying it to justify doing another remastering. Rumor has it that they want to do Rescue Rangers next.

Got the PS+ price for the game, and I also have a couple of the case/pins coming. One to keep wrapped, and the other one to open (so my wife can have the pin). The cases for the PS3 MvC2 sell for quite a bit of money, and I wanted to keep the sealed one in the collection.

I plan on buying it on steam sometime

drich255 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by itsreallykevin View Post
    If so, what are your impressions of it? I'm on the fence to get it. Is it just a direct update of the NES version (no new features other than a graphics overhaul)? I loved the music on that game, so much that you can actually just search "ducktales moon level" and you'll get tons of people's rendition of the song.
    I don't own it, but from what I understand, 'remastered' is an accurate description. The game has been ported with similar levels and gameplay, but they have also added to and improved the levels, the bosses, the story, the music - etc. Unfortunately I don't have a PS3, a WIIU, or XBOX 360.

Someone else will need to comment if the music is better than the original or not.

They did a fantastic job on the music. The original is very iconic, but the new arrangements fit the overall aesthetics of the remastering very well. There's even an opinion you can unlock that allows you to play the original 8-bit music.

Diagamblic Guest

If this is anything like how good the Bionic Commando 2d remaster was, I'm all in. Just don't have the money to get it at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Diagamblic View Post
    If this is anything like how good the Bionic Commando 2d remaster was, I'm all in. Just don't have the money to get it at the moment.

I'm with ya on that.. my game budget is spent for the next few weeks. I preordered cod ghosts for ps3, the hardened edition. I figured id spend the extra money to get the game, season pass and some othet things. Quite frankly, cod has consumed my video game time, I am certain to get my money's worth.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2