Thread: Best Atari 2600 games to get on cart

Default Best Atari 2600 games to get on cart

I'm an Intellivision collector, but I also occasionally play 2600 games. I'm thinking of getting a handful of 2600 carts (to play with my system changer, of course!). What's a good list of 10-20 games that I should be looking for? I'm interested in classics as well as good homebrews.

Of course, CGE Adventures will be making the list! Maybe the new Princess Rescue?

drich255 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by rickreynolds View Post
    I'm an Intellivision collector, but I also occasionally play 2600 games. I'm thinking of getting a handful of 2600 carts (to play with my system changer, of course!). What's a good list of 10-20 games that I should be looking for? I'm interested in classics as well as good homebrews.

Of course, CGE Adventures will be making the list! Maybe the new Princess Rescue?
    I am no expert, but I would say Combat, Adventure, and several of the Activision titles (Pitfall, River Raid, H.E.R.O., Kaboom!, etc.).

And check out RGR's Top 10 Atari games and honourable mentions if you haven't already.
    Last edited by drich255; 22-07-13 at 03:55.

Thanks for the response. I forgot to check the top 10 lists, and have also forgotten all of the different list topics that they've done! I should have guessed that a 2600 games list had been done and gone looking for it.

I'll definitely check those out.

Diagamblic Guest

Do yourself a favor and check out the beta for homebrew Donkey Kong VCS game. It's pretty amazing, and loads better than the released version.

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/206497-dk-vcs/

focusrs Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Diagamblic View Post
    Do yourself a favor and check out the beta for homebrew Donkey Kong VCS game. It's pretty amazing, and loads better than the released version.

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/206497-dk-vcs/
    I had missed this one this is awesome!!!!!!

focusrs Guest

You may want to enter the contest for the limited edition CGE Adventures being given away in August http://www.gamegavel.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6763

drich255 Guest

Thanks for the response. I forgot to check the top 10 lists, and have also forgotten all of the different list topics that they've done! I should have guessed that a 2600 games list had been done and gone looking for it.

I'll definitely check those out.
    Also check out the forum discussions of the 2600 top 10, you will see a lot of discussion on the list and what people thought was left out.

Warlords - lots of fun with some friends and properly working paddles.