Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Focus on the Prize Contest for August 24th, 2013 - CGE Adventures for the atari 2600

Diagamblic Guest

Metal Gear on NES is great! But, it's missing Metal Gear! Silly. I have a harder time going back to it after beating Metal Gear on MSX (played the re-release on Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence). Everything just makes a little more sense in that version.

Vipp Guest

Okay Focus, i was retiring from this contest due to having the game, However! i just finally tracked down my own Atari 2600 from an American guy and guess what... the Atari wont play my PAL cart. So im back in!

The best (and my favorite) retro console is the Sega Genesis/Megadrive and the best game for that which i love is Sonic the Hedgehog 2

man i just love Sega.

Angus MacFrankenstein Guest

Game and System: Final Fantasy 6 (renamed Final Fantasy 3 in the United States) on the Super Nintendo

Final Fantasy 6 blew me away when I first played it in the nineties. To me, it was the perfect collision of story, music, imaginative design, and game play; it is one of the most cinematic games I’ve ever played. It was also the first game in which I truly fell in love with the characters. Before this I had played games where you either played as tank or cannon or a spaceship, and the game was all about getting the most points or making it to a further level—but in the world of Final Fantasy 6, the stakes were more personal—I wanted to know the fates of Terra, Locke, Celes, and even Umaro the sasquatch—and this kept me playing until the end.

On a more practical side, Final Fantasy 6 introduced me to the concept of internet walkthroughs (the almighty Mynock’s Guide—the Mynock also wrote a great guide for Chrono Trigger), and demonstrated I could play one game for potentially hundreds of hours, getting a lot of bang for my (limited) buck. (I probably played FF6 to completion at least three times) For the rest of the nineties, I primarily played Square RPGs, and a few strategy games otherwise.

focusrs Guest

Here is the video with the winner!! Winner PM me your address so I can mail the prize to you

Today is an awesome day!
    Thank you very much for putting on this prize.
    Sadly I was unable to be around to have the opportunity to even try to get to CGE.
    Uncle Sam had other plans for me.
    This is a great prize.
    Thank again!
    Spin AKA Virgil Spinelli

Well spun, Spin!

Vipp Guest

Well done spin! now you can be in the RGR Lanyard club at expo's.

EDIT: The Lanyard club only has 1 member mate, that's me, Haha no one else is sad enough to join.

focusrs Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Spin View Post
    Today is an awesome day!
    Thank you very much for putting on this prize.
    Sadly I was unable to be around to have the opportunity to even try to get to CGE.
    Uncle Sam had other plans for me.
    This is a great prize.
    Thank again!
    Spin AKA Virgil Spinelli
    Its going out in Tommorrows mail Enjoy!!!!!

Also great thread, loved reading everyones stories

Todays Mail call was well worth the walk.
    Thanks again
    Photo to follow.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.