Thread: I think I am checking out of next-gen gaming.

SWABteam Guest

Default I think I am checking out of next-gen gaming.

I have already sold my PS3 and Xbox 360. All my future gaming will probably be done on my PC. Emulation for most of the major systems has got to the point where I can plug in an OEM controller using a USB adapter and not really tell the difference that I'm not playing on original hardware.

Between Steam for the ocational indie game, emulation, and my Wii U for my Zelda fix the next generation is not something I want to be a part of. Closing out used games, always on cameras, etc. No thanks.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Vipp Guest

You and me both buddy. I have 100% no interest in what the television is doing so all the attention towards TV is turning me off like finding a pubic hair in your ham sandwich that your grandma made... PS4 is not important and my PS3 still does the job just fine. also with indieseoul around i can now get emulators to work on just about anything so my gaming needs are met. the only difference is i wouldnt touch a Wii U with a shi**y stick and Zelda is best left to my fiancee. i wonder how many folks around here will be getting an upgrade when the festive season rolls around.

(Mostly) the same here. Not interested in X-Box one, PS4. Sold my Vita, 3dS, and PS3. My only modern gaming is now done on Steam. I'm in the middle of building a PC solely for Steam use, hooked to my TV, which will be my main "next-gen" rig (with the bonus of playing all my old school PC and emulated stuff as well). I have a 10 inch fairly modern tablet (tegra two) and a nice, high powered android phone (dual core 1.56 ghz snapdragon), and finally my Pandora.

SWABteam Guest

That is my exact setup. I highly recommend USB adapters for all your retro controllers really helps make emulation feel really authentic. For like 60-80 bucks you can get adapters that will hook up pretty much anything you can think of

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by Vipp View Post
    is turning me off like finding a pubic hair in your ham sandwich that your grandma made...
    Brilliant image.

I can understand the feeling by everyone but it's too early to make a decision. I feel content with my Wii, PS3, PSP and 3DS. But there will come a time that one of the new machines will entice me and I will have it. And as always it wont be the hardware that makes a difference but it will be a game that absolutely must be played.

Vipp Guest

Quote Originally Posted by chalksalad View Post
    Brilliant image.
    Bad Memory mate.....

Diagamblic Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Vipp View Post
    Bad Memory mate.....
    Wow, sounds about as bad as a brother peeing in a cup and telling you it's lemonade.

i4000 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Leathco View Post
    (Mostly) the same here. Not interested in X-Box one, PS4. Sold my Vita, 3dS, and PS3. My only modern gaming is now done on Steam. I'm in the middle of building a PC solely for Steam use, hooked to my TV, which will be my main "next-gen" rig (with the bonus of playing all my old school PC and emulated stuff as well). I have a 10 inch fairly modern tablet (tegra two) and a nice, high powered android phone (dual core 1.56 ghz snapdragon), and finally my Pandora.
    I've always been excited by the next generation machines and have pre-ordered / purchased most since I was able to afford to do so (probably the 1st gen PS1), but my interest has been waning recently and I can't remember the last time I turned on my 360 for myself rather than for my kids. This latest batch of consoles is a big turn off for me at the moment, especially with the crap Microsoft are implementing to restrict selling on games / always connected etc. Maybe they'll be more attractive closer to the day, but seriously, how many more FPS games do you need to play?

So I think I am going to concentrate on the enormous back catalog of games available in the retro scene, at the moment I have a ZX Spectrum that is giving me hours of fun - I can't believe how many good games I missed from back in the day..

Vipp Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Diagamblic View Post
    Wow, sounds about as bad as a brother peeing in a cup and telling you it's lemonade.
    HAha that's like the abominable snowman in Monsters Inc when he says 'Anybody want a snow cone' after he explains to make yellow ones he needs to pop outside. pmsl!

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.