0 0%
  • Silent Scope - Dreamcast

0 0%
  • Mad Dog McCree - Sega CD

0 0%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: May 2013 Top-10 Retro Console Light Gun Games

drich255 Guest

I liked Sega's Safari Hunt just because you had a variety of animals to shoot (not just ducks).

Point Blank was fantastic, and got my vote. The retro police may come at me, but I don't care, I think they were incredibly innovative. I played a lot of Operation Wolf and Mechanized Attack on NES, and Terminator 2 on SNES using a Super Scope. The GunCon is still the best light gun around IMO.

Vipp Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Leathco View Post
    The GunCon is still the best light gun around IMO.
    Man thats so true! Holding the Wii gun makes me feel less of a man than i allready do and i have tits... however the G-Con gun just makes the game what it is, the only gun to match it would be the shotgun on House of the dead 3 arcade machine....

Quote Originally Posted by Diagamblic View Post
    Well, this top ten was for consoles specifically. Though weren't Wild Gunman and Hogan's Alley both ports of mechanical shooters?
    In my defense though, I was still waking up when I posted that, and forgot it was specifically consoles

Diagamblic Guest

I think the true question remains, what would make a better light gun game? Pac-Man or Space Invaders?

nerd correction time

House of the Dead 1 was ported to the Saturn and had light gun support. But it was released late in the Saturn's life and is now extremely expensive, and very chunky looking. It's not worth the price it goes for (though I believe you can get an imported copy for a much more reasonable price)

Diagamblic Guest

The best "home" version of House of the Dead I've played is the PC version. I don't know how lightgun support works for it though, I always cheated and played with a mouse

Duck Hunt? Really? I'm a little surprised at that being in front in the voting. I know it's iconic, but I always though it was pretty boring...
    If you can't do it with 8 bits, you don't need to do it.

Check out my original rock/blues/folk/country at www.zeyerband.com or myspace.com/zeyerband.

Jammajup Guest

Light gun games,worst gaming genre ever and should of died in the 16 bit era along with the RPG lol,but if you was to point a light gun at me and force me i would say the best i have seen is House Of The Dead on Dreamcast.

Diagamblic Guest

I think there are worse genres...What category does Boonga Boonga belong in?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast