• Silent Scope - Dreamcast

0 0%
  • Mad Dog McCree - Sega CD

0 0%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: May 2013 Top-10 Retro Console Light Gun Games

Blog Entries

Default May 2013 Top-10 Retro Console Light Gun Games

The May show is starting to percolate and should be filling your cup in a day or two. In the meantime, come on in and help us debate the best retro console light gun shooters!

Rescue Mission was an easy choice for me. House of the Dead 2 would be right up there, but I think of it more of an arcade title even thought it was indeed great on the DC.

If we're expanding to light gun style games, then Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles on the Wii takes the cake. It was fantastic through and through.
    If you can't do it with 8 bits, you don't need to do it.

Check out my original rock/blues/folk/country at www.zeyerband.com or myspace.com/zeyerband.

A good top 10. honorable mention should go to Safari Hunt on the Sega Master System. A Duck Hunt clone, sure, but an enjoyable one with a good sense of humor.

Hogan's Alley is a big fave of mine. Played it in the arcade and was a faithful port on the NES.

Blog Entries

I remember how amazing the point blank G-Con gun and game set was. i also enjoy the house of the dead however nothing quite matches the HotD cabinets for me.
    Early backer of the CGE Adventures Atari game - Long time listener of the RGR Podcast.

One lightgun game I enjoyed Die Hard 2 (as part of the Die Hard Trilogy game on PSX/Saturn). I think it was the setting the and the music/sfx that did it for me. Honestly, looking back, the game look pretty silly, and voice overs were pretty laughable, but the game had it charm.

What about those setups that you'd see at amusement parts that had physical objects with targets on them. Usually you'd see them designed to look like a wild west saloon. Wouldn't those count as light gun games as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Burgertime View Post
    What about those setups that you'd see at amusement parts that had physical objects with targets on them. Usually you'd see them designed to look like a wild west saloon. Wouldn't those count as light gun games as well?
    Well, this top ten was for consoles specifically. Though weren't Wild Gunman and Hogan's Alley both ports of mechanical shooters?

House of the Dead 2 and Duck Hunt are probably the two I would expect to see. No Duck Hunt would be a travesty. Yoshi's Safari and Hogan's Alley were favorites of mine. Yoshi's Safari was fun because it was one of the few SNES Super Scope games. Who needs a light gun when you have a light bazooka?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by SWABteam View Post
    House of the Dead 2 and Duck Hunt are probably the two I would expect to see. No Duck Hunt would be a travesty. Yoshi's Safari and Hogan's Alley were favorites of mine. Yoshi's Safari was fun because it was one of the few SNES Super Scope games. Who needs a light gun when you have a light bazooka?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    Duck Hunt was a classic, but I would have voted for Hogan's Alley over it (had it been in the top 10).
    Last edited by drich255; 30-05-13 at 07:49.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast