Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Demons Souls

Diagamblic Guest

Default Demons Souls

If you haven't played this phenomenal game, it's free on PSN+ this week (at least in the US). And even if you have Dark Souls for PC, this is the only play you can play it's predecessor. I've can also proudly say I've beaten it! And guess what? The game even has New Game+ which totally rocks.

And if you've played Demon Souls and Dark Souls, go back and play the Kings Field games on PS1/PS2.
    Last edited by Diagamblic; 06-04-13 at 09:23.

Vipp Guest

I love Demon Souls, the game really caught my attention. Dark Souls didn't make much of an impact on me but just as i was about to break into Dark Souls again i got side tracked and didn't go back.

Diagamblic Guest

Give it a shot. Let me know if you're stuck.

Vipp Guest

What benefits can i get by playing with someone online in Co-op mode? as im starting from the beginning i might be more interested in starting again (after my last ps3 died taking the save file with it) if i could get some help via a companion. is that possible?

Diagamblic Guest

Co-op and PVP are pretty interesting in Demon's Souls and fairly similar to Dark Souls.

The benefit of co-op is that you can summon 2 phantoms (people in soul form) to help you defeat a boss. You can also get your human form back if you help defeat the boss while in soul form. Don't expect to co-op the whole game. It's especially tricky to find other players to co-op with at higher levels. It's fun though!

From Demon's Soul Wiki:

"Co-Op

Blue Eye Stone

example of a Summon
    In Demon's Souls, a host player can team up with two1 other players online to form a group of adventurers for a single level. The host, who must be alive (in physical body form), will see a bright Blue Soul Sign (a message marker left by another player in soul form, using Blue Eye Stone). The host can view how many times that player was online, and their ranking. The host can then choose to summon that player, who will arrive in soul form as a Blue Phantom.

The host and Blue Phantoms all receive souls for their hard work, and can team up to take out bosses even faster and safer. While you can place a Blue Soul Sign anywhere in the world, the host may only summon blue phantoms for co-op in levels that have not yet been rid of their Boss Demon. After beating a boss, all surviving Blue Phantoms will regain their physical bodies, and go back to their own worlds, but they will not progress in their own games. For example, you will not get a trophy for helping a host player beat the boss. You have to beat it in your own game.

Although there is the option of summoning 1 or 2 Blue Phantoms, there's also the Soul Level range factor, which restricts certain co-op with other players. You must be within the level range of the summoning player. See Level Restrictions above.

Whether you complete the boss fight or die in the other players world you will always be transferred back to your world. If you died from anything other than a Black Phantom, you will be returned to your world with all the souls collected and your health and MP full. If you died to a Black Phantom, you will lose half of your souls. As the co-op session ends, each player is permitted to rate the other player(s) on a grade system which stays with the character, so that in the future, other players can know how good (or bad) a certain player is. From best to worst, the ratings are "S", "A", "B", "C", "D", and "E."

Because the co-op system is not based on your friends list or explicit in-game matchmaking, it can be hard to coordinate co-op with specific players. If you are trying to co-op with an individual, it can be done, but be attentive to the rules, especially the level restrictions and the ability for the host to summon only in levels with the boss not yet defeated. It can help if the Blue Phantom puts their Blue Eye Stone in an uncommon place. It can be annoying to get summoned to a random host if you were trying to meet someone specific. If you want to find someone to play with, here are some PSN IDs you can contact to try and arrange co-op.
    "

Vipp Guest

Great news buddy, i have now got Demon souls again from the PSN+ store, it was FREE... i want the black phantom box set edition in the future before it goes up in price but at least i have the game. anyway, i will get back into it and if you have any time to help me out co-op style i could use some help. .

Diagamblic Guest

Definitely! I think the main deal is that I need to be within 1-10 levels of you. Best advice? Start off as a royal. Classes don't really matter, but royal's let you start out with the soul arrow spell, which makes the first few levels you play much easier!

random_dave Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Vipp View Post
    Great news buddy, i have now got Demon souls again from the PSN+ store, it was FREE... i want the black phantom box set edition in the future before it goes up in price but at least i have the game. anyway, i will get back into it and if you have any time to help me out co-op style i could use some help. .
    I can put my black phantom edition to one side for you, If i ever have time to go back to it (unlikely) there's the ps+ edition i can download

I just started Dark Souls last week, with the news of big banner up in LA saying that Dark Souls 2 is coming in spring that kinda gave me and my mate a deadline to get through the first one

Vipp Guest

Quote Originally Posted by random_dave View Post
    I can put my black phantom edition to one side for you, If i ever have time to go back to it (unlikely) there's the ps+ edition i can download
    holy shit that's very cool of you mate. I borrowed the box set a while ago but it had to go back to its owner so i was without the game for some time. Now i have it again im going beat the last few levels of Devil May Crap HD then im going to kick ass again. I was close to fighting King Doran when i had to give the game back.

Dark Souls was good but i didnt get far and i really wanted to play demon souls again so i didnt play my DSouls game very much. Anyway your a legend mate i appreciate you putting your game aside for me.

Diagamblic Guest

Dave: All I can say is, I hope you enjoy Dark Souls. And - there is some really good loot early on if you do a suicide through the graveyard. and just like Demon's Souls - Take your time! Also, you can lop off the tail of every dragon you meet....and the first big one you encounter will give you a great early sword if you fire a ton of arrows at it (just do it from a safe location!).

Vipp: What Soul Level are you at in Demon Souls?

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.