Thread: Retronauts Kickstarter Already Successful.

Blog Entries

Default Retronauts Kickstarter Already Successful.

Before I discovered the awesome Retro Gaming Roundup I used to listen to the Retronauts. Well it looks like this podcast won't die after all. Their kickstarter is already successful. Check it out: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...d?ref=category

I would kick in some funds but I'm saving my cash for the RGRU CGE Adventures Kickstarter!

random_dave Guest

It's obviously not as good as RGRU, but it's accompanied me on a great number of dog walks over the years so i figured the least that i could do was to bung them $50 for a tshirt and another bunch of episodes

Blog Entries

Oh just realized RGRU is doing their game on Game Gavel and not Kickstarter. Still can't wait to get the CGE Adventures game. It's going to be epic!

I must have listened to all of the retronauts podcasts and I can say I really enjoyed them. My only complaint is that 90% of what they discussed was NES, SNES and JRPGs. They had very little to say about SEGA or PC gaming and nothing to say about ATARI, Intellivision, TG-16, Commodore or any non Japanese game from the 80s.
    That's why RGRUP is superior.

ebrake Guest

I'm glad that they were able to secure funding as its a great podcast if you enjoy the 8 bit and 16 bit era. Though I started on a 2600 (and enjoyed it), I think I spent my gaming formative years on the NES. And if you enjoy the import scene, Ray Barnholt, Jeremy Parish and frequent guest Chris Kohler are very knowledgeable.
    A little dissapointing that RGRU threw them under the bus during April's news segment. I dont have any issues with them starting a kickstarter campaign to help keep their podcast alive. As most of them are freelance writers (except for Parish) I can see money being an issue.

random_dave Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ebrake View Post
    (except for Parish)
    Parish actually quit IGN on friday, cos he wasn't getting on very well there, he's going on a belated honeymoon, before returning to publish The Anatomy of Zelda and start his new job, but he's not saying yet what that is

ebrake Guest

Quote Originally Posted by random_dave View Post
    Parish actually quit IGN on friday, cos he wasn't getting on very well there, he's going on a belated honeymoon, before returning to publish The Anatomy of Zelda and start his new job, but he's not saying yet what that is
    Wow. I saw him say something about being technically unemployed for a few days on Twitter but assumed that it had to do with a transition from 1up to IGN. Must have missed the rest of the story.
    It will be interesting to see where he goes.