Thread: Yet another collecting IOS App?

Default Yet another collecting IOS App?

OK, OK, I know there are a lot of IOS game collecting apps out there already, but I still want to write my own!

Some collecting apps seem to be very good, but these are for the most loved systems. For the less loved systems the apps appear pretty basic.

I want to team up and work with real lovers of a system to create the ultimate apps for each system, or for a game genre like RPGs.

The apps need to contain a wealth of hardware details, asccessory details, game details, box art and screen shots and even trivia. If you are an expert on a system and can come up with a lot of multiple choice questions then we can even add a quiz as an extra to the app. I already have a good starting point for many systems, but the data side needs a lot more meat on the bones.

I love old video games so much that am I am happy to work on an app for any retro system that you choose. Over the years I have owned many retro systems, but have too little space to own them all at the same time ! You simply have to be a true collector and love your system.

The idea is that I do all the coding and my team mate collects all the data in excel or something. The idea is to share the app profits 50:50. But the real aim of the project is to produce a really great app that does the system proud. My guess is that such an app will not generate massive sales, especially if it is for a system that is more obscure. So the project is for the love of the system rather than the money.

I am working on 2 projects at the moment and want to line up the next project or two. As the data may take a while to compile I need a team mate or two to get started on compiling the data so that I can start pulling everything together as soon as my current projects finish.

I am a very serious experienced programmer and so this is not just a dream that will go nowhere. If anybody is interested in working on an app together, let me know!

p.s. To the rest of the forum members, let me know...

1. what systems you would really like an app for
    2. what "luxury" / "added value" features you would really like to have in your collecting app