Thread: Who else tried to peel that 4.99 sticker..

Default Who else tried to peel that 4.99 sticker..

..off the front cover of Retro Gamer this month?

Quote Originally Posted by Aidy View Post
    ..off the front cover of Retro Gamer this month?
    I was tempted but knew it would just be printed on . I like to see games and mags with the old price stickers on. The possible exception being the Jetpac ROM cartridges on Ebay that sell for about 50 and have a 8.99 sticker on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Aidy View Post
    I actually thought it was real for a split second :-)
    I think I did but didn't get as far as trying to peel it off . They've done that kind of thing so many times before. I remember buying the very first issue and thinking 'blimey that looks a bit tatty' then realising they'd printed it that way on purpose.

Vipp Guest

Well my fiancee bought me a copy of retro game and said some idiot had put a price sticker on the front but it was the last in the shop... Next month they will print the Sega Megadrive collector guider, is anyone else excited about this? I think the sega megadrive might be my all time favourite console.

I am excited by this, possibly my second favourite after the Master System.

Quote Originally Posted by Vipp View Post
    Well my fiancee bought me a copy of retro game and said some idiot had put a price sticker on the front but it was the last in the shop...
    That's very funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Vipp View Post
    Next month they will print the Sega Megadrive collector guider, is anyone else excited about this? I think the sega megadrive might be my all time favourite console.
    I never had one so it isn't for me I was a spectrum/amige person. I hasten to add I wasn't the guy that told Scott at Play Expo that the UK was only about computers and not consoles.

I love the collector's guides they give a different perspective to a system.

I am starting to find Retro Gamer a bit of a slog these days. For the first 70 or so I literally read them cover to cover. Now I skip at least 2 or 3 articles each month.

For example there are only so may making ofs you can read before they all become the same:

..."back then we had small teams, everyone got involved and had to muck in. I was trained as a dishwasher but ended up doing interpretive dance for the rotoscoping"

... "we had a tight deadline and towards the end it got a bit crazy. We had to get up at 10 o'clock at night, half an hour before we went to bed, lick computer clean w't' tongue, work 26 hour day and pay software house of privilege of working. And when we got home our landlady would chop us in half with a floppy disk and dance on our gaves singing 'Never going to give you up' by Rick Astley"

..."we didn't even know we were pushing the boundaries. We just though lets make a game about watching paint dry, so we did, and it when to number one on 300 different platforms in every country on the planet and the Jupiter indi chart as well"

..."we only had a steam powered 'Number 8' processor running at one clock cycle every lunar month but with a bit of code optimisation we made it push 300000 polygons a second. And you have to remember this was before dedicated graphics cards or electricity."

PS - I'm on my way back from Beijing have been travelling for 22 hours, thanks to 8 snow flakes that crippled Heathrow, and I'm a bit bored.
    Last edited by saberman; 18-01-13 at 11:22.

By the way, if you've picked up the last two issues of Retro Gamer then you must take a quick look at the From the Forum section near the back for a wee green icon and a familiar name.

Mind you, I only ever visit their forums after giving the RGR forum a proper read through first. Priorities anaw.

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon Bennett View Post
    By the way, if you've picked up the last two issues of Retro Gamer then you must take a quick look at the From the Forum section near the back for a wee green icon and a familiar name.

Mind you, I only ever visit their forums after giving the RGR forum a proper read through first. Priorities anaw.
    Cool - although you didn't make it in this month you'll have to get back in next month . I was the featured forum member a few years ago. I keep hoping they'll publish one of my reviews in the Reader Review.