Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: eShop Goodness

Blog Entries

Default eShop Goodness

Just picked up a few eShop games tonight - Mega Man for Virtual Console and a nice arcade shooter called Galaxy Saver for $1.99 - kind of a reverse take on Tempest and Gyruss. You move your ship around the space station and fire at enemy ships coming from 360 degrees.

And Gunman Clive for the 3DS for $1.99 as well. This game got my interest when it was released for iOS but I never pulled the trigger. Just saw it hit the eShop tonight and picked it up in 3D. It is a great wild west type platformer with really cool pencil sketched art style.

Check'em out Retro Gamers!

Vipp Guest

Well im converted to my Nintendo 3DS and it's all down to the Virtual Console Store. I dont have much time for Nintendo if im honest outside of thier flaqgship titles however the 3DS and a few RGR members (Namely Indie and Septic) have bought me around, i wanted to share with you guys what i have been buying and playing.

I bought these titles
    Tetris - GB
    Qix - GB
    Donkey Kong - GB
    Gargoyles Quest - GB
    Super MArio Land - GB
    Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins GB
    Burger Time DELUXE - GB

Xevious - 3D Classics

Sonic Triple Trouble - Sega GG

Metroid 1 - NES
    Super MArio Bros. - NES

Also - Inch Worm Animation Software.

I have completed most of the titles above to 100% with the help of savestates and i have a new found love of Nintendo.

What has everyone else been buying/Playing???

drich255 Guest

I think it was Leathco that mentioned on the "Stalking the Retro" podcast a 3DS download called 'VVVVVV' which is a great puzzle/maze game with C64 type graphics. It was about $8, but worth it. Lots of fun. Thanks Leathco (or who ever it was)!

Blog Entries

Thanks for listening to STR drich255! It's always cool to hear from our listeners. I'm hoping to get Leathco back real soon for another episode.

drich255 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by indieseoul View Post
    Thanks for listening to STR drich255! It's always cool to hear from our listeners. I'm hoping to get Leathco back real soon for another episode.
    No problem. It is a good show and I like the game recommendations.
    Last edited by drich255; 06-06-14 at 07:03.

drich255 Guest

I hope this Famicom Disc System import game releases in the US market. I believe it is available in the UK 3DS eShop.

The Mysterious Murasame Castle

Looks great!
    Last edited by drich255; 07-06-14 at 05:30.

Bit Boy Arcade is 40% off for the next few weeks.
    http://nintendoeverything.com/tag/bit-boy-arcade/

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by drich255 View Post
    I hope this Famicom Disc System import game releases in the US market. I believe it is available in the UK 3DS eShop.

The Mysterious Murasame Castle

Looks great!
    I bought that but haven't played it yet.

I like the Picross-e games and when I bought the 4th recently it saw the saves from the first 3 and unlocked some bonus levels.
    Before you insult a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, when you insult him, you'll be a mile away, and have his shoes.
    Jamesonline.net
    RetroGaming RoundUp
    Follow us on Facebook

random_dave Guest

I'm quite interested in 1001 Spikes, it's kinda like a famicom/nes puzzle platformer that's a little along the super meat boy/dark souls methods of finding where the traps are in levels by dying and figuring out how to string a perfect run through each level to avoid them

Doesn't appear to be in the UK 3ds shop yet though (it is on a lot of other platforms too)

drich255 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by miner2049er View Post
    ...I like the Picross-e games and when I bought the 4th recently it saw the saves from the first 3 and unlocked some bonus levels.
    Nice. I have all four of the Picross-e games too, but haven't finished the 1st one yet. My progress has slowed now that I am on the harder puzzles.

Quote Originally Posted by random_dave View Post
    I'm quite interested in 1001 Spikes...
    I haven't picked up 1001 Spikes yet, but it does look great. I don't know if I should get the 3DS version or the Wii U version.

Hopefully you don't have to wait to long for it to come to the UK market.
    Last edited by drich255; 10-06-14 at 09:02.