Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: eShop Goodness

drich255 Guest

The Mysterious Murasame Castle is set to release in North America August 7th!

Blog Entries

We already have it. It's pretty tough though.
    Before you insult a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, when you insult him, you'll be a mile away, and have his shoes.
    Jamesonline.net
    RetroGaming RoundUp
    Follow us on Facebook

drich255 Guest

Donkey Kong: Original Edition is out (or will be releasing soon) for 3DS.

This is the version they gave away one time if you bought a certain game a couple of years ago. And to be clear, this is the NES version of the game with the cement factory level added in.

I will buy this since I missed out on the offer, but they are missing the boat by not having the original arcade DK on the eShop. That would be awesome on the Wii U. Since the arcade is a vertical monitor, it may not look great playing it on the 3DS or the gamepad, but it would look great on the TV.
    Last edited by drich255; 18-09-14 at 05:30.

drich255 Guest

Vipp (and everyone else) try this 3DS game out if you haven't already: Mutant Mudds. I need to credit Pete Dorr on the All Gen Gamers Podcast for this recommendation. It is an excellent platformer with a retro look, has simple controls (yet challenging), and has a unique platforming style that uses the 3D. It also has a retro feel in the sense that it has a simple story where you play a young boy saving the world. There is a free demo on the 3DS eShop (in the US at least) that lets you try the game before buying it. Check it out. Lots of fun. And apparently a sequel is in the works.
    Last edited by drich255; 14-10-14 at 02:45.

Vipp Guest

I have this on GOG.com (Septic Lemon kindly bought it for me a long time ago) it's a really fun game, i will check out the UK 3DS store and see what price they are asking for it. I have been playing SMB3 on the 3DS since reading your last update.

drich255 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Vipp View Post
    I have this on GOG.com (Septic Lemon kindly bought it for me a long time ago) it's a really fun game, i will check out the UK 3DS store and see what price they are asking for it. I have been playing SMB3 on the 3DS since reading your last update.
    Nice! Great game, but one version is probably sufficient.
    Last edited by drich255; 15-10-14 at 03:31.

drich255 Guest

Just finished Mutant Mudds 100%. What a great game! Challenging, but not impossible. Can't wait for the sequel!

drich255 Guest

Some eShop sales I was thinking of taking advantage of (USA).

10-in-1: Arcade Collection ($0.99) - Arcade clones
    Weapon Shop de Omasse ($2.99) - Rhythm Game
    Chain Blaster ($2.99) - Space Shooter
    Steel Empire ($15.99) - Steampunk Shooter (more tempting than the $30 new price, but still pricey)

Most of these will be on sale for another week or two.

drich255 Guest

Gunman Clive 2 set to release in the US and the UK on Jan. 29th!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12