• Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

3 12.50%
  • Tutankham

1 4.17%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 12/12 Top-1o Konami Arcade Games

Blog Entries

Default 12/12 Top-1o Konami Arcade Games

Well, it is our last Top-10 of the year 2012. Can you believe it? We want to thank all our great listeners for spending another year with us and hope you all aren't sick of us yet, as we have a lot further to go

We hope you all have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! 2013 will be a great one for the RGRU podcast as we eagerly anticipate the release of our first Atari 2600 game cartridge - RGRU Presents: CGE Adventures! And if the expos go as planned seeing many of you again in person.

This Top-10 was recommended to us by listener Jammajup and we had a great time recording this one. Here are our picks for best "Retro" Konami Arcade Games. What are your favorites?

I love the X-men and TMNT games but my favorite is probably Sunset Riders.

Blog Entries

I always associate Sunset Riders with the SNES rather than the arcade.
    Before you insult a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, when you insult him, you'll be a mile away, and have his shoes.
    Jamesonline.net
    RetroGaming RoundUp
    Follow us on Facebook

Heh, Where's Dance Dance Revolution? LMAO!

I'm Amazed the Simpsons game, Twinbee and Gradius didn't get into that list. But out of all the games in the list there I'd pick Scramble!

Oh damn, I totally forgot to mention! What about the Konami Aliens game!?

http://www.arcade-museum.com/game_de...p?game_id=6859

I remember playing this and thinking it was amazing and I never saw it again.

An excellent Top-10 with some great choices! Track & Field got my vote.
    When you think you are a tough avenger, switch the difficulty to A, and then try Ultimate Yars!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by miner2049er View Post
    I always associate Sunset Riders with the SNES rather than the arcade.
    Me Also, I loved SR on the SNES, what a brilliant game!. However when i bought my first arcade cabinet i also got Teenage mutant nija turtles and played the hell out of it of free play. I really love TMNT.
    Early backer of the CGE Adventures Atari game - Long time listener of the RGR Podcast.

Wow! just like to say thank you for selecting one of my nominations,that is twice in two podcasts.
    I knew it would be an interesting Top 10 but now i think about it i have several Konami favourites and i am not sure i can immediately separate them,so i will have to play a few of them on Mame to help me put them in some sort of numeral order lol.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jammajup View Post
    i am not sure i can immediately separate them,so i will have to play a few of them on Mame to help me put them in some sort of numeral order lol.
    Some people don't know they are born, what i would give to play some MAME games at home. Nice choice of top ten Jammajup.
    Early backer of the CGE Adventures Atari game - Long time listener of the RGR Podcast.

frogger was konami's all time best arcade game. but since sega distributed frogger in the US, it's often not considered a konami title.

most of their later great titles are more well known for their console ports (contra, rush n attack, gradius, etc)

i guess if there was a nomination for their "Cartoon Licensed beat-em-up" i could go with that. TMNT, Simpsons, and Cowboys of Moo Mesa were all the same game.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast