Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who got one?

Blog Entries

Default Who got one?

Any early reviews of the console or games? I am thinking of picking one up next week. Should I?

focusrs Guest

I was going to get one, but just dont know. Gamester81 has a nice overview of the both models on his channel. Think I am going to hold off a while myself, I am more interested in the new Xbox anyway.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsyrqGz4sTM

neshead80 Guest

I got one on launch day & so far I'm pretty impressed. I picked up Zombi U & Super Mario U. Mario is everything it should be & in HD which is pretty nice. Zombi U may be a little rough around the edges but its still a really cool title & I think some of the early reviews I saw were way too harsh. I also picked up Mighty Switch Force from the e shop which is a fantastic game but pretty much the same game as the 3DS version. The controller is really impressive - lightweight and the screen is clear & bright. It looks like they are going to have a pretty vibrant online community as well.

If anybody else got/gets one my Wii U ID is neshead80
    Last edited by neshead80; 23-11-12 at 12:07.

I got mine at launch, and did a quick/unedited unboxing for it.

I'm really enjoying the system. New Super Mario Bros U looks absolutely fantastic, and I'm having a blast with Sonic Racing. I'm being told that the Wii U version of Warriors Orochi 3 is the weaker of all the versions out, but since I don't have a 360, and the PS3 version is digital only, the Wii U version was the only physical option besides importing.
    There are some issues with the Miiverse that I hope they update. You can only see new posts and not search for comments within them (like if you could only see created topics on here) and you can't change which game communities are shown. I have zero interest in Black Ops, and don't need to see people's comments on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Burgertime View Post
    you can't change which game communities are shown. I have zero interest in Black Ops, and don't need to see people's comments on it.
    Really? Urgh... I honestly thought you can only go into a certain community when you purchase said game. I mean ok they could do that as a form of community based advertisement and promotion. But I can see it getting a little bit silly in the future once more games get released.

Quote Originally Posted by SepticLemon View Post
    Really? Urgh... I honestly thought you can only go into a certain community when you purchase said game. I mean ok they could do that as a form of community based advertisement and promotion. But I can see it getting a little bit silly in the future once more games get released.
    Well to clarify for those who might not know, the Miiverse videos you see with the squares of the game's photo floating over a group of Miis are what I'm talking about. You get a ring of games/apps that I guess are chosen by Nintendo based on factors. Even if you pick certain games as your favorites, it doesn't change which games show up in that ring. This is something I'm hoping they allow you to do later.
    You can still go into the community for the games you don't have to post questions about the game, or make comments on it. These may even show up on everyone's Miiverse screen.

I want to give it a few months so more games come out. While the launch titles are vast, I don't know that many of them show the full potential of the machine just yet.

Slim chance there would be a price reduction for at least a year, but it would be an easier buy for me if it was $250 max.

i4000 Guest

Ordered mine last night with New Super Mario Brothers, not going to get it until Dec 13th though
    Last edited by i4000; 29-11-12 at 10:58.

i picked up a deluxe wii u last tuesday. i just walked into a bestbuy and they had two on a shelf behind an empty carton. i bought it on the spot.

my track record with buying consoles isnt great. i picked up a 32x within a couple weeks of launch.

i like it so far. i wasn't sure how they would integrate the touch pad into games. i was thinking it would just be an extra large version of the 3DS, but some of the games in Nintendoland show what could happen. I really liked the balloon fight game in Nintendoland.

The other two games i picked up were New Super Mario Bros U and Tank Tank Tank. I need to have some people over and see how Tank Tank Tank plays in a party setting. It has some real potential, Kong Mode especially.

NSMBU is what it is. And it's great, but the slightly floaty controls of the entire NSMB series annoy me. I guess super precise control is a casualty of 3D gaming.

i4000 Guest

Whilst waiting stock for mine I had a play on a friends yesterday, does anyone else find the 15 second delay when selecting an option on the home screen unbearable?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast