Thread: Any Programmers out there?

Default Any Programmers out there?

Hey Forum... Any Programmers out there?

I know that the RGR hosts have commissioned a bunch of dudes to make the RGR game. Well I have thought of a great idea for a Jeff Minter-like game that I'm going to write up and draw tomorrow into a design document.

So if anyone has better programming skills than I, I would like to get hold of you for a chance to get into this little project of mine.

What's I'm excepting is a game that looks like an 8 bit arcade but with special effects on the lines of Pac Man Championship edition, it has a classic look, but has that awesome neon glow and effects only achievable on an HDTV. I'd like to release this as a game to get on Steam Green Light and/or Xbox Indie Games/PSP Minis. Though it would be totally awesome to see this on an Atari or C64 cart too, heh.

So who's interested? I'm keeping the details to myself until I get more people interested.

I used to be a decent coder many years ago. Time is my enemy these days

I haven't learned any programming, and I wish I had.

random_dave Guest

in theory, yes i can, in theory, yes i'd like to, in reality i don't have time unfortunately, I've got designs and demos floating around in my brain that i'm struggling to sit down and actually write in code (one of which is inspired by the llamasoft community)

I'll happily keep an eye on the project and offer any help where i can though, intrigued as to what this 'minter-esque' element is

For those who are interested...

Here's what I've been scratching in a journal for the last 30 minutes...

Here's "Well'ard Mallard"!

Ok, I understand my writing is shit, so I'll translate from top to bottom. You know, the typical reading affair...

Well'ard Mallard

1 to 2 player game

Defender come Joust come Flicky

A game about an ultra territorial duck who has a pond invaded other ducks and geese. Well'ard the Mallard has to defend his territory from the avian force.

Enemies appear from the left or right of screen.

An indicator arrow point at enemies off screen.

Well'ard starts in the centre sitting in his pond.

Score starts at one million point and begin to drop as enemies approach the pond.

I would post more, but I don't want people to steal ideas if you know what I mean, heh.
    Last edited by SepticLemon; 20-11-12 at 12:44.