Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: What is everyone playing? (Retro)

Quote Originally Posted by Jammajup View Post
    I had a discussion with someone about both the film and LP of the same name and suddenly remembered playing a Zx Speccy game way back so I loaded it up,not a game to play without reading the instructions that is for sure.
    I had a friend that bought it and though it was terrific he played it for months. I never got into it though.
    Proud owner of CGE Adventures

Check out my uTube channel for Spectrum gaming goodness:
    http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWD1...nQ0rpTg/videos

Jammajup Guest

(Atari 2600) - Space Invaders
    (C64) - Boulder Dash
    (Atari 8-bit) - H.E.R.O
    (Intellivision) - Astro Smash, The Dreadnaught Factor
    (BBC Model B) - Alien 8
    (Zx Spectrum) - JetPac
    (Arcade) - Nostradamus, Space Invaders Part II, Strikers 1945 II, Hangley Man, Return Of The Invaders, Darius Gaiden (Silver Hawk), Mars.
    (G7000) - K.C Munchkin

DoomNukemStein Guest

Hi all,
    Just got a Atari Jaguar in the box and 13 games. Alien Vs. Predator,Doom (Must have),Wolfenstein,Cannon Fodder, Dino Dudes, Attack of the Mutant Penguins, Kasumi Ninja, Hover Strike, Syndicate, Iron Soldier,Club Drive, Trevor McFur, Bubsy, and Towers II (Heck yes!). also picked up the Rotary Jag Controller and hope to get Tempest soon. Got some serious gaming to do
    Doom

DoomNukemStein Guest

Hi all,
    Just got a Atari Jaguar in the box and 13 games. Alien Vs. Predator,Doom (Must have),Wolfenstein,Cannon Fodder, Dino Dudes, Attack of the Mutant Penguins, Kasumi Ninja, Hover Strike, Syndicate, Iron Soldier,Club Drive, Trevor McFur, Bubsy, and Towers II (Heck yes!). also picked up the Rotary Jag Controller and hope to get Tempest soon. Got some serious gaming to do
    Doom

Quote Originally Posted by saberman View Post
    I had a friend that bought it and though it was terrific he played it for months. I never got into it though.
    Give my Regards to Broad Street? I bought that one back in the day. As I recall the instructions were woefully inadequate. They deliberately gave no instructions at all for the mixing board endgame, which had Little Gordon raging as I only ever was able to get all of the song pieces once and hadn't a scooby as to what to do with the barely detailed screen infront of me for the very brief time remaining.

That was after weeks of playing. I did love driving around Central London in a game, but tracking down the band members was a colossal pain and seemed to be mostly luck and persistence. One day I hope to stick that game right up Paul McCartney's arse.

Jammajup Guest

(Pc Engine/TG16) - Bonk Adv/Bonks Revenge/Bonk III Big Adv./Air Zonk
    (Arcade) - Karnov, Black Tiger, Rygar
    (Atari 2600) - Tutankham

Also just started playing Astro Blaster , man I love that game with the sound and speech it just gets the adrenalin going as you play.
    Last edited by Jammajup; 03-08-14 at 10:05.

Jammajup Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon Bennett View Post
    Give my Regards to Broad Street? I bought that one back in the day. As I recall the instructions were woefully inadequate. They deliberately gave no instructions at all for the mixing board endgame, which had Little Gordon raging as I only ever was able to get all of the song pieces once and hadn't a scooby as to what to do with the barely detailed screen infront of me for the very brief time remaining.

That was after weeks of playing. I did love driving around Central London in a game, but tracking down the band members was a colossal pain and seemed to be mostly luck and persistence. One day I hope to stick that game right up Paul McCartney's arse.
    I may give it another go but it might be worth finding a youtube playthrough or something first,it did seem a little hit or miss.
    This last month I have been playing-
    (Pc Engine/TG16) - Bonk Adv/Bonks Revenge/Bonk III Big Adv./Air Zonk
    (Arcade) - Karnov, Black Tiger, Rygar
    (Atari 2600) - Tutankham

Also just started playing Astro Blaster , man I love that game with the sound and speech it just gets the adrenalin going as you play.

Blog Entries

I just went through a mini Lady Bug phase on my MAME cabinet. That game is much deeper than I thought and the built in goals to spell out the words are very compelling. I'm not great at it or anything, but I'm surprised at how my high score keeps going up. I think I'm up to about 98k right now.

I also tried to bang my head against Time Pilot on 360 again. I can't complete 2001 in that game. I was trying a strategy where I was hoping to farm parachutists in 1910, but I just can't keep it up long enough to really build up the extra lives. Maybe 1940 is the best area to farm where there are no missiles at all? Game seems easier in MAME for some reason.

Alex Bair Guest

Quote Originally Posted by chalksalad View Post
    Advance wars (GBA)
    I've debated picking it up on the Wii U VC or just a GBA cart. Seriously miss that game. One of the two games I had taken away from me in class

Balloon Fight - 3DS VC
    Shovel Knight - 3DS (yeah, came out this year--sue me)
    Centipede - MAME (it's my go-to test game for the MAME cab I'm making sideway progress on)

On the top of my shortlist to play this week is Earthbound now that it's on the Wii U VC, but haven't put my cash down for it yet. I have never played Earthbound.

drich255 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Bair View Post
    ...Shovel Knight - 3DS (yeah, came out this year--sue me)...

On the top of my shortlist to play this week is Earthbound now that it's on the Wii U VC, but haven't put my cash down for it yet. I have never played Earthbound.
    I have Shovel Knight for Wii U (haven't finished it yet). It is a must play game for any retro junkie!

And I did put down the cash for Earthbound, but still haven't played it yet. Too many games...

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.