Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Midway Arcade Origins

Blog Entries

Default Midway Arcade Origins

Just picked this up. Pretty nice compilation with 30+ games and online leaderboards. $30 and a buck a game is totally worth it. Nice to play them on my couch with PS3 wireless controllers. 3rd place on Satans Hollow now

Anyone else picking this up this week?

Yeah nice set of games even though I own them in several different formats. I only have the PS3 and 360 hooked up to the big TV so this may be a good purchase. The Live Arcade version of Robotron on the 360 is pretty poor so it would be nice to have the real thing.

I saw this, and was very tempted to pick it up. There wasn't that much advertising for it, and I hadn't heard anyone really mentioning it until this week.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by retroshaun View Post
    Yeah nice set of games even though I own them in several different formats. I only have the PS3 and 360 hooked up to the big TV so this may be a good purchase. The Live Arcade version of Robotron on the 360 is pretty poor so it would be nice to have the real thing.
    I have played about 100 games of Robotron trying to get in the top-7. Still at #8. The harder I try the worse I get at this game This has to tbe the best arcade game ever! Kind of wish Moon Patrol was part of this comp.

Blog Entries

Robotron is way harder with a PS3 dual shock. Your movement is almost to fluid and fast. Fun but damn challenging. Only logging in about 90K for a high score so far. Still 8th place overall. Moved up to second place overall on Satan's Hollow - what an awesome game!

Oh, for UK forum members, shopTo.net, has Midway Arcade Origins on the PS3 and 360 on offer for 9.99 with free delivery.

http://www.shopto.net/ps3/PS3MI08-midway-arcade-origins

I just ordered my copy!

Vipp Guest

My fiancee got me this game from a small game shop in Nottingham, i can't actually believe how hard some of these games are. MArble Madness and Rampart are taking up a lot of my time. Septic you need to confirm me as a PS3 friend and join me when your copy arrives, we can play some arcade together.

So I picked this up today. Lovely selection of games but I am just not sure about emulation integrity! Robotron seems WAY too fast (I have played this game a LOT on original hardware). Yes, part of it is that the dual shock / any type of analogue sticks just don't feel right at all, but everything is moving much faster than it should. I noticed this in a couple other games too (Gauntlet for example). After a few games on Robotron I got to a little over 100k and thats a TERRIBLE score, so something is up. Still, its a metric tonne better than the horrible Xbox Live version!

OK I am off to try Defender. I will definitely regret that!

BTW how do I get my scores on the leaderboard? I have a few that should be there but aren't. Am I missing something? Do I need to somehow submit them?

Blog Entries

I remember it took a while for them to update it with my scores as well. They should appear soon enough. I might have to get back on there and defend my Satan's Hollow score. Is it even still on there?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast