Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Midway Arcade Origins

focusrs Guest

Quote Originally Posted by GameGavel View Post
    I remember it took a while for them to update it with my scores as well. They should appear soon enough. I might have to get back on there and defend my Satan's Hollow score. Is it even still on there?
    Not for long if I have any say about it!!!!!! I must defeat Socal!

Yep its still there - bottom of 2nd page I think.

Vipp Guest

I have to say that i just aint that good at the classic games on this disc, how on earth you guys kill sinistar is insane to me, even with good advice from you veterans i still get my ship crushed before i drop a bomb. It is a real shame that midway didn't support online multi-player.

Sinistar didn't give me as much trouble as Smash TV and Vindicators Part 2 are. I'm still missing the trophies for those two, and the sports titles. Spy Hunter 2 as well, because I can't get the hang of the game.

Vipp Guest

The sports titles i will never be able to complete, i have no idea how to play any sports game and one of them is an american footbll style game so i have no chance, i did complete vindicators but the trophy never popped? after a while i managed to get a hold of the controls but i was laughing at waynes world on the other PS3 at the time of playing so that might be why i was not doing so well. Socal is on the second page of scors for Satan's Hollow! as mentioned above. Marble MAdness doesnt play like the older version does for some reason, the marble is much harder to slow downs and navigate.

Quote Originally Posted by Vipp View Post
    I have to say that i just aint that good at the classic games on this disc, how on earth you guys kill sinistar is insane to me, even with good advice from you veterans i still get my ship crushed before i drop a bomb. It is a real shame that midway didn't support online multi-player.
    To kill Sinistar simply get a LOT of sinibombs (mine the asteroids and pick up the glittery things). You need probably a line and a half of em, how ever many that is. As soon as Sinistar comes on screen, fire them all off in quick succession while moving away from him. Done!

Doing it on level 2, however, is a different matter

Quote Originally Posted by GameGavel View Post
    I remember it took a while for them to update it with my scores as well. They should appear soon enough. I might have to get back on there and defend my Satan's Hollow score. Is it even still on there?
    Well, something is definitely f--k'd here. Its been well over a week of owning this and I have many scores that should be up there but for whatever reason only one (I assume early) score is there for Satans Hollow. Nothing else. I say it was an early score because its really low - somewhere around the mid 300s. By my reckoning I should be on the 1st or 2nd screen. I have gone through every game - no scores uploaded.

So what gives? Should this be done automatically? I log into PSN when I fire up the disc. Somehow its simply not sending these scores over.

Also - whats the difference between regular play and Score Attack? And does that matter to high score tables? Same for adjusting game settings - does that impact uploading of scores? (I don't think I did, I think its on default... but I am clutching at straws here).

Maybe this inability to upload is why some of the high scores are surprisingly... low.

I knew I should have stuck to the 360

Quote Originally Posted by retroshaun View Post
    To kill Sinistar simply get a LOT of sinibombs (mine the asteroids and pick up the glittery things). You need probably a line and a half of em, how ever many that is. As soon as Sinistar comes on screen, fire them all off in quick succession while moving away from him. Done!

Doing it on level 2, however, is a different matter
    Sort of off topic, but I've been playing the hell out of Sinistar on my MAME cab recently. Great game, despite my less than stellar abilities at at, but I'm improving... certainly much better at it than I was as a kid!

Anyone still playing this collection? I picked up and Wally World last week and am having a lot of fun with it. I have been wanting to play A.P.B. for a long time and was pleasantly suprised to see it on here.
    I am 3rd overall on Joust 2 right now.
    I think I may try to pick up a joystick to use or this.

Work is a necessary evil to be avoided.

Mark Twain
    3ds friend code: 0817-3821-6504
    Mario Kart racer community: 65-1417-7306-7334
    PSN Name: tomtom2play

I'm going to get back to playing it at some point.
    I've been working on getting some games out of my backlog, and then clearing up shelf space.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast