Thread: Iwata does an unboxing video for WiiU

Default Iwata does an unboxing video for WiiU

This morning, or this evening for the Japanese. Nintendo did their final live key note for the WiiU before it launches in the US next week. But whilst watching this, I couldn't help but laugh my head off when Iwata, the president of Nintendo, does an unboxing video for one of the early packaged retail WiiUs. It feel like everyone has done an Unboxing video now, I mean I've done one for a brand new TurboGrafx, heh!

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/26773189

Bare in mind it's Japanese, and the unboxing bit comes at about 5 minutes through the video, but I still find it funny how Nintendo themselves are doing one. Maybe the Xbox team and Kaz Hirai should do an unboxing video for their next consoles, lol!

P.S. Iwata even goes as far as wearing silk gloves to carefully open the WiiU box and packaging, lmao!

I'll hopefully be doing an unboxing of the system and posting it here.
    I'm a little annoyed that he shows off the beta stuff for the Dragon Question Online game, and it's only in the Japanese editions of the game.

Kotaku has done a "sort of" unboxing video.

More like, "get to the chase and show you more details of the machine" http://kotaku.com/5958674/whats-good...?post=54074127

Dragon Quest(ion? lol) X hasn't been released over here anyway, it's odd that Enix even made a Wii version of the game. They must have bee working on it before Nintendo started to make the WiiU Hardware, as the WiiU has more online influence than the Wii has. Did you check out the New Super Mario Bros U Online stuff? You can set up speed run and 1up challenges for you friends, looks better than the 3DS game. But the WiiU is still too expensive IMO. I'm going to wait until the first price drop, then I'll grab ZombieU and NSMBU.

I've kind of kept myself in the dark for some of the features on the games, aside from what you can use the second screen for. Hopefully you can get these speed runs and challenges from people who aren't on your friend list. Assuming that Dragon Quest X was started before any companies received dev kits for the Wii U.
    It feels like I'm one of the very few people to not agree about the price being too expensive, so I won't even go into that.

One of the things that Nintendo hasn't really talked about, and no one else is really asking questions about is the NFC device in the tablet. It's likely going to be usable with NFC credit cards, but there are so many other application. The Skylanders craze almost seems like a test to see how people respond to purchasing collectible pieces for games. I could completely see Nintendo handing out cards at conventions with a NFC inside of it, and getting exclusive content for your games through that. Kind of like the Kid Icarus cards for the 3DS game. Those things were scanned and put online for everyone within a few weeks.