Thread: A big thankyou,thankyou,thankyou to Scott

Default A big thankyou,thankyou,thankyou to Scott

Some eps. ago, Scott went on at length about how to play pinball. I don't remember which episode.

Anyway, up until the moment I heard his descriptions I was a pretty basic flipper-masher. I didn't know how to play at all and figure the game was very basic and more-or-less geared toward eating as much money as possible.

But, man, that whole rant ... I cannot describe how completely it's changed my view of pinball. It's something that I now genuinely enjoy. I don't get frustrated like I do in a lot of video games even though I still haven't completed all the goals in Bride of Pinbot.

The biggest obvious change for me is attending the Houston Arcade Expo this weekend. The last time I went some years back, I tried a few pins and mashed the flippers. I died easily and quickly and was frustrated. This year, man, I just didn't care at all about the arcade cabs and was having so much fun trying the pins. I really got into STTNG, Medieval Madness, Pinbot. I tried many -- some old, some new -- and really enjoyed them all.

(Well, except for those 50s/60s pins in which there's like five feet between the flippers. Those can fuck right off. I also got to try Pinball 2000 and ... well, I guess it just wasted for me. It wasn't bad at all, but I found it felt dated and flat.)

I just don't feel like I ENJOY many things these days, but pinball is definitely one of those things and it's all due to Scott!!

focusrs Guest

Pinball games Rock!! and so does Scott!!!!

Blog Entries

Well thanks! I am glad it helped that is why we do the show. Most people just play that 6 to 12 inch area in front of the flippers and miss the real game.
    Retrogaming Roundup Co-host and host of the Hardware Flashback.

Follow us on Facebook!

Email me with your hardware problems to be answered on the air; techquestions@retrogamingroundup.com