Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Wii U, who is in and who is out?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

Default Wii U, who is in and who is out?

Tell us if your in or out, we had some interesting conversations with people at Play Expo and the consensus was for the most part; out. Could this be a mirror of Sega's exit as a hardware manufacturer (of consoles) if they launch this and few bite? Or will this out do the Wii and the competitors?

Me, I am out. I was inspired enough by the Wii to strop by the store a few times a week until I found one, and it was the first console since the Genesis that I was really excited about. So I liked the idea of an updated Wii. And then I played it at 2011 E3 and a year later and I am just not inspired, not inspired enough to pre-order, or go to a store, and as a capstone certainly not inspired enough to pay the asking price if it were sitting on a shelf in front of me.
    Retrogaming Roundup Co-host and host of the Hardware Flashback.

Follow us on Facebook!

Email me with your hardware problems to be answered on the air; techquestions@retrogamingroundup.com

For me, it's just costs too much...

I don't want to pay more than 200 for it!

Vipp Guest

I have lost all faith in Nintendo, my Wii is dusty and shall remain that way untill they bring down the prices of their back catalogues and release better quality games. I agree with Septic Lemon, at a whopping 200 Wii U can stay on the shelf.

To represent my concern, here's a autotuned parody of Jimmy McMillan's Governor speech...

...It's too damn high!

Im still undecided, the hardware does not inspire me what so ever, the new play controls to me are just another gimmick to distinguish it from it's competitors and to get people talking, I don't believe it will be fully implemented in game play just like the augmented reality is on the 3DS, I think some proof of this is the optional Pro Controller Nintendo is offering to "hardcore" gamers, rendering the tablet mechanic totally useless.

If I do purchase a Wii U it will be on the basis of software, there will always be a new Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Donkey Kong, etc game which will be worth playing, but do those handful of great titles justify buying a new system, its debatable but I'm probably leaning towards yes. One things for sure, Ill be waiting for a price drop and for some more A titles to be released before obtaining a Wii U.

Considering the controller that it comes with, and how much the PS3/360 currently cost, I don't see the price as being unreasonable. The cost is over what Nintendo has typically set systems at, but it's not out of the realm of modern system prices.
    I've seen tons of complaints about the system, and many have been nitpicking. The price not being one of those.

I got my reserve in for the system the day it was announced, and will be picking it up along with New Super Mario Bros U and Sonic & Sega All Stars Racing Transformed.

Quote Originally Posted by Burgertime View Post
    Considering the controller that it comes with, and how much the PS3/360 currently cost, I don't see the price as being unreasonable.
    The Issue with the price has got something to do with the Ouya has a cheaper price tag, and the competition may have a comparable price tag with a bigger specification. This may cause the system to have a very quick price drop just like what happened with the 3DS. I would only get this game if a real Mario game (Not New Super Mario Bros), Zelda, or Metroid game was available at launch. But it feels like there's no AAA title in WiiU launch. I mean OK, you don't NEED a AA title on a console's launch, but the Wii had Zelda Twilight Princess, which I loved the hell out of during the Wii's launch.

Blog Entries

At $300~350 US and 350 quid UK it is a bit more to justify.

Follow us on Facebook!

Email me with your hardware problems to be answered on the air; techquestions@retrogamingroundup.com

Blog Entries

I would consider the Ouya to be a different animal and certainly at a lower cost due to its simpler nature.

I tell you where I would be "in" for the Wii U, $250 for the 32GB version with a Mario A title pack in.

Follow us on Facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by SubaruBrat View Post
    I would consider the Ouya to be a different animal and certainly at a lower cost due to its simpler nature.
    But considering how big mobile gaming is, to tell kids that "Hey kid, did you know that the game you just bought on your phone can now be played on your big screen" would blow their minds and want one big time! Plus, the games you have on your android phone can then be put onto your TV without an additional cost, can you say that with a WiiU, 360 or PS3?

Quote Originally Posted by SubaruBrat View Post
    I tell you where I would be "in" for the Wii U, $250 for the 32GB version with a Mario A title pack in.
    Pretty much the right price... Though I would say throw a second game and make it $270. Make it feel like the NES and it's Mario+Duckhunt pack in. I would say throw in a New 3D Mario game and NintendoLand.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast