Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Wii U, who is in and who is out?

Quote Originally Posted by SubaruBrat View Post
    I would consider the Ouya to be a different animal and certainly at a lower cost due to its simpler nature.
    But considering how big mobile gaming is, to tell kids that "Hey kid, did you know that the game you just bought on your phone can now be played on your big screen" would blow their minds and want one big time! Plus, the games you have on your android phone can then be put onto your TV without an additional cost, can you say that with a WiiU, 360 or PS3?

Quote Originally Posted by SubaruBrat View Post
    I tell you where I would be "in" for the Wii U, $250 for the 32GB version with a Mario A title pack in.
    Pretty much the right price... Though I would say throw a second game and make it $270. Make it feel like the NES and it's Mario+Duckhunt pack in. I would say throw in a New 3D Mario game and NintendoLand.

Blackzc Guest

I think im out for now. I believe the days of people staying strung along by nintendo scraps are over. There are just to many ways to play good games now. (Steam summer and Christmas sales come to mind.) F2P MMO's, 1$ phone games of which are almost all crap but its a buck. And it gives casuals their fix. Nintendo can easily win the next gen console war with a non stop supply of fresh big money mario, zelda, metriod games. And not what we saw with the Wii. Im talking Mario Galaxy 2 type stuff all day. No more cookie cutter stuff, not for 60$ a game. I think people see through that now.

Casuals have moved on to phones and tablets. Nintendo is going to have to cater to the hardcore crowd if they dont want to end up selling mario games on andriod. But if they do it right they can really bring people back to consoles. Premium games, premium prices and maybe even cut out all but the best 3rd party games to keep the store shelves full of good games. None of this will happen but i wish it would. One thing is for sure, their back may soon be against the wall.

focusrs Guest

Im out, does not interest me in the least bit. The last console I was excited about was the gamecube when it released. I had a Wii for a short period of time, but did not really keep my interest. I find myself playing my 360 and ps2 more than anything else.

Lol well it could end up being that I'll be the one to do an unboxing of the system at launch.

I was just looking at my Gamecube titles compared to my Wii ones. It seems like for the most part, I tended to buy exclusives. There was the occasional multiconsole game on the GC I'd buy, but it would usually be because of a feature or perk. I have GC at about 57 games and Wii at 36, but I also know for a fact that I haven't picked up all the Wii games I want. Same goes for the GC as well.
    This could be the trend for me with the Wii U. The games will likely be exclusives, or have something involving the second screen that makes that version appeal to me over the other ones.

random_dave Guest

I was 90% out for the last year and a half of having one close by to experience, and then I was watching the last press conferences and they made my wildest dreams come true by announcing not only a monster hunter, but one that is cross compatible with the 3DS version

So i'll pretty much be buying one just for that (and no doubt bayonetta2)

Only problem is Monster Hunter is due in March, and so is new timing belts on my car and insurance, so it may have to wait. Luckily I can pick up the 3DS version for 30 and then when i do get a Wii-u I can transfer my saved progress back and forth

Sooner or later I'm bound to end up with one, though probably not until long after its launch. It ultimately depends on what games are out and what new experiences it offers. The potential is there, it all depends on how inventively it is used.

I really enjoyed the Wii. It was my favorite console of the current gen (which doesn't say much), but I have no interest in the Wii U. It seems like an extension of the 360/PS3 and I don't see a reason to get it. The games coming out just don't appeal to me (or I could just buy them for 360). I don't see much 3rd party support on the horizon, and the price is high. I might pick one up down the road if there are some must haves. If I want to play a modern-style game, i can use my 360, wii, ps2 or gamecube.
    If you can't do it with 8 bits, you don't need to do it.

Check out my original rock/blues/folk/country at www.zeyerband.com or myspace.com/zeyerband.

I am probably in but will likely wait a few months to see how the games are lookin.

Blog Entries

I'm out, but that isn't just a Wii U thing, it's a modern console thing. I'm just not interested in the games.

Maybe in 20 years.
    Before you insult a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, when you insult him, you'll be a mile away, and have his shoes.
    Jamesonline.net
    RetroGaming RoundUp
    Follow us on Facebook

I think it's obvious to anyone that games sell consoles, not hardware. So it's a wait and see approach for me.
    And don't expect any AAA games any time soon. They cost too much make and take so long to develop that we wont see any for another year or so. Same goes for the PS4 and the NextBox.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast