Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Farewell to my son and my friend

All Your Base Guest

Default Farewell to my son and my friend

I know this isn't really the place to get this out of my system, but you will see that it is related to the forum in some way.

My son, Steven, was killed in a car accident last weekend and I want as many people as possible to know what kind of man he was. I would really appreciate it if you would take the time to read some of the tributes paid to him by the people who knew and loved him. http://steven-daniel-james.gonetoosoon.org/

I say it is related to the forum because his job was as an electronics engineer for a company making arcade and gaming machines, including the classic "Shocker". it was a job he loved and excelled at.

Thank you for reading.

Oh my God, Neil, that's horrible news. I'm so sorry for your loss. I'd be beside myself in your situation. My son is only 3, but from time to time the thought of something happening to him comes to my mind, and I simply don't know how I would (or could) handle it. The website is a very nice tribute. It reminds me of the loss of my best friend in 1987 (killed on his motorcycle when a drunk driver ran a red light). I still think about him, and wish he was still here. The fact that you lost your son... wow... there's just nothing that can be said to make that pain go away. My condolences to you and your family.

focusrs Guest

Sorry to hear of this loss, condolences to you and your family in this difficult time. Very nice website tribute to your son.

Wow. I am so deeply sorry to hear of your loss, words can never explain how that must feel and no-one can ever get even close to knowing the pain you must be going through. Like Nurmix said, I too have kids and just the thought of them even breaking a bone is really traumatic for me, I can only imagine how you are feeling. If it helps at all, our thoughts are with you and your family. Hang in there and once again I am really sorry to hear your sad news.

Blog Entries

This is a perfect forum for such remembrance, the floor is yours with all due respect.
    Retrogaming Roundup Co-host and host of the Hardware Flashback.

Follow us on Facebook!

Email me with your hardware problems to be answered on the air; techquestions@retrogamingroundup.com

All Your Base Guest

Thanks Scott.

The irony is that I was so looking forward to him meeting you when you come over here next week. I just know that the two of you would have had a lot in commonbecause of his love of soldering and weaponry. Quick Steven James factoid: How many times has Steven James accidentally shot a neighbour? The answer is twice! (Thankfully only with an air rifle and a home made crossbow)

He was working on so many electronics projects which are now half finished and will remain so without us knowing what they were intended to be. I'm sure I saw the makings of a flux capacitor in amongst them though.

Really sorry for your loss Neil. Reading the tributes I can see why you were so keen that others read them. He sounds like a great guy and I'm sure he was. My condolences to you and your family.

Neil, I'm so very sorry for your loss.
    Become a fan of The Retro Machine on Facebook at: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/pa...e/121452225655

See us on Video Masters TV @ www.videomasterstv.com

Blog Entries

He was working on so many electronics projects which are now half finished and will remain so without us knowing what they were intended to be. I'm sure I saw the makings of a flux capacitor in amongst them though.
    If you have some detailed pics post them and we can help you sort what they may have been.
    Retrogaming Roundup Co-host and host of the Hardware Flashback.

Follow us on Facebook!

Email me with your hardware problems to be answered on the air; techquestions@retrogamingroundup.com

I'm sorry Neil. I know I'm just some stranger on the internet with no impact no matter what I post on this forum, but my thoughts are with you.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.