Thread: Anyone else order their iphone yet?

Blog Entries

Default Anyone else order their iphone yet?

I just did, the iphone and droids are great, I used to carry a laptop with me everywhere and often wished I had brought a camera or regretted bringing that as well if I didn't end up using it. For me the iphone has replaced multiple devices and is an obvious convenience. But really, changing the connector from the old one to a new smaller one made sense, but not making that new connector the industry standard USB is absurd.
    Retrogaming Roundup Co-host and host of the Hardware Flashback.

Follow us on Facebook!

Email me with your hardware problems to be answered on the air; techquestions@retrogamingroundup.com

I don't think it's any surprise that Apple choice their own proprietary connector again.

Blog Entries

I figured it was certain they would use their own, no surprise here.

Follow us on Facebook!

Email me with your hardware problems to be answered on the air; techquestions@retrogamingroundup.com

i4000 Guest

Wink

Saw this on my internet travels today, I think stage 2 sums up my thoughts

The 5 stages of iPhone 5 grief.
    A2pmqEMCAAAgxhH.jpg

I can't purchase the phone at the $199 price point until December. If I want it at launch I would have to pay the full price tag or take an early contract cancellation fee.
    Really need the phone too, since my current iPhone 4 is having issues. I can hear people when they call, but they can't hear me. Might end up finding a place that sells the tiny screwdrivers and do the fix I found online myself.

Blog Entries

I share allot of the sentiments about the iphone, but what it comes down to is this, many things in my life are an ongoing science experiment, satellite receivers, some cars are always evolving, aircraft in construction, etc. but I need my phone to work. The iphone does not do everything, and it omits key features at times, but it does many things and it does them well over and over. I have a droid tablet for OBDII diagnostics and a few other uses and love it, but it is not as polished or reliable. But being no fan boy willing to overlook the facts, the thing that burns me is Apple taking their customers as fools.

Namely the new port instead of the USB port. And most of all refusing to include a SD car slot. And their objection? Claiming that an SD card slot would disrupt the seamless form factor their customers demand? That is like saying a vagina disrupts the seamless experience of a woman. The most useful interface is a disruption? As if.

Follow us on Facebook!