Page 1 of 26 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: RetroGaming Roundup presents; CGE Adventures, an Atari VCS game program

Blog Entries

Default RetroGaming Roundup presents; CGE Adventures, an Atari VCS game program

We have mentioned it on the show and Facebook and here is the official thread for news and updates.

What are we doing:

In short we are creating our own Atari 2600 game cartridge for a limited edition release at CGE 2013. The game is based on real events and is set in the world of the Classic Gaming Expo. Gameplay features the three hosts of RetroGaming Roundup as they chase down the CD thief, played by you, who hunts down the RGRUP promo CDs and tries to flee the expo for the safety of the Las Vegas strip. We have other exciting characters and features in the works that we will announce as the game develops.

What is included?
    The game comes in a hardcase featuring color boxart, color manual, and a RGR CD signed by the hosts.

When will it be for sale, and how much?
    Our release date, which we will make without any concern, is CGE 2013. In the event that there is no CGE 2013 then we will pick a date and announce it. The price is not set yet.

Who is the team producing this?

Byte Knight of Atari Age; Lead Programmer

RetroShaun of RetroGaming Roundup; Graphic Artist

Pac Man Red of Atari Age; Graphic Artist

RevEnge of Atari Age; Graphic Designer

UKMike of RetroGaming Roundup; Box and Cart Artist

Scott of RetroGaming Roundup; Level designer, Business and Production

SocalMike of RetroGaming Roundup; Manual Publication
    Last edited by SubaruBrat; 30-09-12 at 04:54.
    Retrogaming Roundup Co-host and host of the Hardware Flashback.

Follow us on Facebook!

Email me with your hardware problems to be answered on the air; techquestions@retrogamingroundup.com

Blog Entries

UPDATE #1

At a very productive Classic Gaming Expo 2012 we secured permission from CGE to use the CGE name in association with the game. And got a classic gaming alumni to agree to make a cameo appearance. The game actually exists in prototype now and you can run the thief around a test maze looking for items. Part of the development process is trying out different art and gameplay concepts. We will be posting some sample art soon.

Follow us on Facebook!

Email me with your hardware problems to be answered on the air; techquestions@retrogamingroundup.com

Sweet. In addition to the carts, will there be a ROM available for playing it on the go?

Blog Entries

That is still being discussed.

Follow us on Facebook!

Vipp Guest

Can us brit's elect a RGR listener to bring back special copies of the game for the avid fans who want the special edition but can't fly?

Blog Entries

There are UK folks at CGE all the time, if they wanted to buy multiple copies for other listeners I am sure we could accommodate that.

Follow us on Facebook!

Vipp Guest

That's great, currently im working on sweet talking the Boss into getting us over there for CGE 2013 but she can be a hard nut to crack. fingers crossed.

Deaf-CD-Thief Guest

Quote Originally Posted by SubaruBrat View Post
    There are UK folks at CGE all the time, if they wanted to buy multiple copies for other listeners I am sure we could accommodate that.
    I volunteer to pick up as many copies as needed for anyone who asks. All copies will be promptly shipped to you as soon as I get home too...

Deaf-CD-Thief Guest

Quote Originally Posted by SubaruBrat View Post
    ...chase down the CD thief, played by you, who hunts down the RGRUP promo CDs and tries to flee the expo for the safety of the Las Vegas strip.
    Ummmm, I don't recall anyone asking my permission to use my likeness in a game?! What will my royalty percentage be on this guys?

Vipp Guest

If i can't get to CGE 2013 would you please pick me up a copy of the game, i will even throw you a thankyou sum of money, i would hate to miss out on a collectors edition of the RGR game.

Page 1 of 26 12311 ... LastLast