Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Irish Nerd Life (YouTube Channel)

Default Irish Nerd Life (YouTube Channel)

Well I figure as Iím putting up some CGE videos at the moment itís probably as good a time as any to hock my wares. Iíve been running a YouTube channel for a while now and I put up 2-3 videos each week. I guess you could describe the channel as being predominatly vlog in nature, with videos being a mixture of gameplays, packages & pickups, reproduction updates, community repsonses, etc.

At the moment Iím trying to dig through the footage recorded in Las Vegas to come up with some stuff from CGE and the Pinball Hall of Fame so if you couldnít make it to the show itself why not pop over to see what you missing. That way you can plan properly for CGE 2013

CGE Show Floor Walk-through

Unfortunartely I mistakenly referred to Retro City Radio as Retro Gaming Roundup. No idea where that came from.

Museum Walk-through Part 1

Museum Walk-through Part 2

I will be putting up some more videos from CGE in the coming days, but for something a little different in the mean time hereís a video I did ages back about making a reproduction Sega Master System cartridge

Nice work, Meu2! You really captured quite a bit of what's it like being there.

I wish I'd had more time to chat with you there. I know we briefly met right before dinner when we all went to Margaritaville, but you were sat at the other end of the table, and it was difficult to carry on a conversation as it was quite loud in there. Still, I hope you had a good time, and maybe I'll see you there next year?

I'll definitely subscribe to your YouTube channel though - good stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by Nurmix View Post
    Nice work, Meu2! You really captured quite a bit of what's it like being there.

I wish I'd had more time to chat with you there. I know we briefly met right before dinner when we all went to Margaritaville, but you were sat at the other end of the table, and it was difficult to carry on a conversation as it was quite loud in there. Still, I hope you had a good time, and maybe I'll see you there next year?

I'll definitely subscribe to your YouTube channel though - good stuff!
    Thanks for the sub

Indeed it's not easy carrying a conversation over two tables at Margaritaville! I love spending time in Vegas so I wouldn't rule out another CGE trip in the future. There's so much going on at CGE that it's actually quite hard to take it all in. I actually didn't even end up on the show floor that much due to all the key note presentations.

While I'm at it here is part three of my walk through the museum:

I'm hoping to put up some clips of the presentations, but I'm not sure if the videos are usable yet.

I know what you mean about the keynote presentations... I attended just about all of them. I too felt like I hardly spent any time on the show floor, and the next thing you knew, it was all over!

focusrs Guest

Great Stuff, I subbed as well. Makes me wish I just bit the bullet and went this year!

I know what you mean about the keynote presentations... I attended just about all of them. I too felt like I hardly spent any time on the show floor, and the next thing you knew, it was all over!
    Isn't that such a good problem to have. It is all over to soon though.

Quote Originally Posted by focusrs View Post
    Great Stuff, I subbed as well. Makes me wish I just bit the bullet and went this year!
    Thanks You definitely should take a trip to the next CGE, it's well worth the visit.
    Last edited by meu2; 07-09-12 at 11:56.

Some more content from CGE. First up is a look at the assorted goodies I picked up while in Las Vegas, which consisted of a mixture of Sega Master System, Sega Saturn, Nintendo 64, NES, Atari 2600 and TurboGrafx items.

Next is a twenty minute excerpt from David Fox's History of LucasFilm Games presentation. Unfortunately the video quality isn't too great, but it was an interesting presentation and it's well worth a listen if you missed it.

Blog Entries

Potato!
    Before you insult a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, when you insult him, you'll be a mile away, and have his shoes.
    Jamesonline.net
    RetroGaming RoundUp
    Follow us on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by meu2 View Post
    Some more content from CGE.
    Wow, nice pickups, and rundown of them. Looks like you may need a bigger "gaming" room soon though...

Quote Originally Posted by miner2049er View Post
    Potato!
    I can honestly say that no potatoes have been involved in the making of any of my videos

Wow, nice pickups, and rundown of them. Looks like you may need a bigger "gaming" room soon though...
    Yep you could say that. People have affectionately dubbed my chair the gaming throne, which is nice, but I would rather have a room to put everything!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast