Thread: RetroGaming Redo (Remix)

Exclamation RetroGaming Redo (Remix)

In case you missed it in the most recent Live News, I've created a remix of the Retrogaming Roundup theme song (and even if you didn't miss it, I've still created a remix).

Like the original RGR theme, the remix is based on Elastica's "Connection", but is definitely a new take on it as well. There are two versions available - a "vocal" and an instrumental mix. The "vocal" version is the best, since it contains snippets of dialog from the guys. But I've made an instrumental version available too.

The remix is available for download (in mp3 and wav formats) at the URL below.

http://www.notatari.com/retrogaming_redo_2012.html

Enjoy! It was a labor of love.

Comments or feedback appreciated!

focusrs Guest

This is awesome!!!!

Blog Entries

Simply incredible work once again Nurmix! I love the vocal version the best it's like RGRU trance. I could listen to this over and over again for days.

Thanks a lot guys, glad you like it!

My initial idea was to use a bunch of samples of SoCal saying silly things (as he occasionally does) over the music track, but as the music started to come together, it seemed to lend itself to a more serious approach, which is when I decided to put just a few short samples of each of the guys saying something about their gaming interest. I did have a little fun at the end though, but nothing over the top.

And thanks to UK Mike in advance for putting this into the next podcast!

random_dave Guest

nice, the electronic instruments and voice clips made me think of Paul Hardcastle

n n n n n n n nineteen n n n n n n nineteen nineteen...

...used to play that one back in my DJ days.

Blog Entries

These are really great! Hey, any chance you could perform these live from our booth at CGE? That would be cool! We need to change our normal intro to one of these from here on out.

Quote Originally Posted by GameGavel View Post
    These are really great! Hey, any chance you could perform these live from our booth at CGE? That would be cool! We need to change our normal intro to one of these from here on out.
    Thanks, SoCal. Glad you like them.

Performing them live would be cool, but traveling with synths and keyboards would make the trip a bit more difficult at the TSA line. Plus I wouldn't want to alienate the booked CGE musical acts.
    ;-)

I can, however, bring some CDs of the track to give away for those at the show who may not have heard it on the podcast (special "limited edition" CGE versions - haha). Speaking of that, did you guys already make the CGE giveaway CDs? I'm assuming you did, but if not, maybe you could put the "vocal" mix on there too.

By the way, I already made remixes of the show INTROS and OUTROS. UK Mike has them and plans to use them in the podcast.