• F355 Challenge

4 20.00%
  • Skies of Arcadia

4 20.00%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 06/12 Top-10 Sega Dreamcast Games

Blog Entries

Default 06/12 Top-10 Sega Dreamcast Games

Well we are a little late announcing our favorite Dreamcast games. So here it is, this time on the heels of a 7 hour show! Let the debate begin.

Looking forward to hearing this. Got to say it's missing some for me. Rez, Virtua Tennis 2 (although not a typical DC game but it still brings a lot of 2 player fun), Ikaruga and MSR are notable.

But it's still a cracking top 10. Recently got Le Mans 24 and it's a really stunning game. F355 speaks for itself.

Blog Entries

I think Le Mans is pretty underrated in general on most platforms, but the PS2 version is a stinker LOL.
    Before you insult a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, when you insult him, you'll be a mile away, and have his shoes.
    Jamesonline.net
    RetroGaming RoundUp
    Follow us on Facebook

Have to mention
    Jet Grind Radio

Phantasy Star Online. I love you guys, but leaving this game out is a huge fail. Sega Swirl? Propeller Arena? Re-Volt? Chu Chu Rocket? Not that there's anything wrong with those games, but... PHANTASY STAR ONLINE?!

Of what's there I voted Skies of Arcadia because it was such a great JRPG. Really well done top-to-bottom. It doesn't scream "Dreamcast" as a game like, say Crazy Taxi, but it was a great game.
    Last edited by BydoEmpire73; 01-07-12 at 12:14.
    If you can't do it with 8 bits, you don't need to do it.

Check out my original rock/blues/folk/country at www.zeyerband.com or myspace.com/zeyerband.

I never owned a Dreamcast. In fact, I've never even played a Dreamcast. But I still enjoyed the top 10. I might have to pick one up and add it to my collection some day. Seems like a pretty decent "retro" console.

I love my dreamcast so much I have three Rev 0 consoles as backup The game I play the most is the import game Under Defeat, it is a awesome shooter game.

Benny Moto is upset that Sega GT didn't make the top 10. And since Jet Grind/Set Radio and Shenmue didn't make the top 10 either, I voted for Crazy Taxi.
    When you think you are a tough avenger, switch the difficulty to A, and then try Ultimate Yars!

Great Top 10 this week. I was surprised and delighted to hear that Re-Volt was in the top 10 over Scott's objections. I had rented this game years ago and when I got my old VG stuff connected at my house it was one of the first I really wanted to pick up and replay. I know it was a multi-platform game but I will always associate it with the dreamcast.

Also, I was surprise to hear about SoCal's distain for the Bomberman series. I never played Bomberman Online for the DC but some of my best gaming memories are playing 4+ player Saturn Bomberman.

My personal Top 10 Dreamcast games list looks quite different than what was mentioned on the podcast. If I may share them here...

10. Ready 2 Rumble
    9. Jet Grind Radio
    8. ChuChu Rocket
    7. Marvel vs Capcom 2
    6. Border Down
    5. Ikaruga
    4. Soul Calibur
    3. Virtua Tennis
    2. Crazy Taxi
    1. Bangai-O

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast