Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Play Expo '12 Manchester UK (13-14 Oct)

Default Play Expo '12 Manchester UK (13-14 Oct)

OK, I FINALLY received my email from work to confirm that I got dates around the 13th and 14th off. So I'm going this year! YAY! Hopefully I can be a part of the volunteer group for the Retro Gaming Roundup panel, that and I'll be taking a microphone and a Dictaphone with me so that I can do interviews with dealers and organisers at the event, not just for RGR, but for Stalking the Retro and Wasted Seconds too. I'd love to take some of my own equipment with it, it's just that I'm only going to take what fits into a rucksack, I don't want to haul loads of crap onto a train .

What I will take with me is my mint boxed copy of Donkey Kong MultiScreen Game and Watch, and POSSIBLY the pinball controller that I'm building, though this thing might be a we-bit too big to haul anyway, it'll depend if I can work out a way to store it in a large-ish flight case if I can find one on the cheap.

Anyway, I know there's a hotel pretty close to the event, in a Place called the Trafford centre, which I believe is a shopping centre/complex. that and the closest train station is Patricroft, though when I tried to book tickets for the trains it said I couldn't get any that were after 13 weeks away, grr...

From what I saw online, the hotel will cost me about 137, the return train ticket will cost me about 60 and the event is 22, even though it says 13.50 on the main site :/ must be the fees that the ticket site are adding to it. Which makes a total of 219, sounds a lot, but compared to the crazy 800 ticket for me to get to the states this year, a little over 200 isn't bad since it includes a hotel!

Anyway, the only other person I know, apart from UKmike and Scott who are going is BritishIBM, who funny enough lives near me. scary... Still, who has their plans for this event? I wanna know who else is coming!

random_dave Guest

I should be there, it's just a short trip over the penines for me, and i may even get roped into a semi-official Sumo presence, not sure yet.
    But even if i'm not there with them I've got no excuse not to go, so I've put it in the calendar

Blog Entries

I'll be there, nor sure exactly how many days on either side of the expo, I would like to stay as much as my schedule allows.
    Retrogaming Roundup Co-host and host of the Hardware Flashback.

Follow us on Facebook!

Email me with your hardware problems to be answered on the air; techquestions@retrogamingroundup.com

Madstedotcom Guest

Hopefully I'll be there, Just brought up the prospect of going with her indoors and she has consented will need to miss some of the expo to go shopping round the trafford center with her but still its all about balance. Just need to see now if can get time off work. Can't believe how much cheaper hotel rooms in Warrington are compared to Manchester (100 cheaper for 2 nights) and being as well have the car anyway makes sense to me. So hopefully if can get the time off will see you all there.

Madstedotcom Guest

Yeah, got time off work, just need to wait until pay day now to get tickets and hotel booked. Getting excited now first gaming expo

Quote Originally Posted by Madstedotcom View Post
    Yeah, got time off work, just need to wait until pay day now to get tickets and hotel booked. Getting excited now first gaming expo
    Awesome! Hope to see you there. As for my tickets, they're going to wait too because of getting a serious 800 wallet wound after getting my tickets to go to the states this year. I might have to wait until August time to be able to afford the tickets and stuff.

Oh, UKMike? Are you actually going to have a panel there? If so what are you taking with you?

All Your Base Guest

Quote Originally Posted by SepticLemon View Post
    Anyway, I know there's a hotel pretty close to the event, in a Place called the Trafford centre, which I believe is a shopping centre/complex.
    Just don't be tempted to try shopping there. You will genuinely lose the will to live...

Quote Originally Posted by All Your Base View Post
    Just don't be tempted to try shopping there. You will genuinely lose the will to live...
    Oh! Is it really bad then? lol

All Your Base Guest

Quote Originally Posted by SepticLemon View Post
    Oh! Is it really bad then? lol
    I'm sure UK Mike will agree that whilst the Trafford Centre is undoubtedly very impressive architecturally, it sucks the joy of living out of all men who enter there.

Quote Originally Posted by All Your Base View Post
    I'm sure UK Mike will agree that whilst the Trafford Centre is undoubtedly very impressive architecturally, it sucks the joy of living out of all men who enter there.
    Oh... filled with Women's clothing stores and such, lmao, reminds me of the Grand Arcade over here, the only "man" friendly shop in it is the Apple Store, and even then they've employed a bunch of douches, and they're more douchier than your typical Apple Store clerk!

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast