Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Play Expo '12 Manchester UK (13-14 Oct)

Had a great time at PlayExpo and it was pretty cool to meet the guys on the RGR Stand for the first time. Some great Retro Arcade Cabinets, Pinball Tables, plus dozens of old consoles and PC's at the show, it was heaven for two days up there in Manchester. Can't wait for next years expo!

Vipp Guest

We had a great day at the Expo, Thankyou Scott for teaching me fiancee and me to play Pinball (Family Guy) we both spent hours after playing the twilight zone pinball also which was a bucket load of fun. Also thanks to UKMike for introducing me to Stetson - i literally can't wash that smell out of my hands even now. It was great fun and we can't wait to join everyone again for the next expo. Also im not sure how but i think Scott managed to talk my fiancee around to going to Vegas so thanks for that too Scott.

Hi

I had a great time too. It was great to meet Scott and UKMike and a pity SoCal wan't there. I'm sure he'd have come over and surprised UK with his trousers round his ankles if he could have. It was great to meet Neil James too. Quick Neil James Factoid - he's much easier to buy a beer for than Mike .

It was great to meet so many other listeners too. In particular my fellow Saturday night RGR groupies: septic, random_dave, ibm and his mate Tim.

It was great fun indeed, I got quite a bit of material for Indieseoul, though I'll have to do a bit of editing myself as there's a lot of just noise and some of the earlier recordings had this annoying crackling noise due to a dodgy 1/4" jack to 3.5mm adaptor I got from work.

Plus I've written up not just ONE, but TWO top tens, the best and worst moments of my trip to manchester. Plus I have another list of crazy moments that happened.

So yeah, keep up with Stalking the retro for all that, heh.

Ok, I uploaded all the photos I took into my drop box, I'm hoping this works because it's not clear if it's made this public or not. Plus I can't link folders in my public directory for some reason. But let's try this out!

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/51t8yarx2l7hne1/t2LjUn9b0H

focusrs Guest

did you notice that guy playing the xcom game has glowing eyes? talk about getting into the game Also digging that laser pong up on the wall!

Quote Originally Posted by focusrs View Post
    did you notice that guy playing the xcom game has glowing eyes?
    The wonder of my camera when it's red eye reduction doesn't work so well! lmao, it happens. But I SERIOUSLY loved those XCom cabinets though! They were well cool!
    Quote Originally Posted by focusrs View Post
    Also digging that laser pong up on the wall!
    It wasn't just pong, they had a simple version of Scramble on it too. The only problem with the laser pong was that is wasn't paddle controlled, it was controlled with just an up and down arcade button at a booth from a distance away from that wall.

Matt Den.aris Guest

Cracking day. Good to meet Mike and Scott very briefly. I think my idea of drinking Stetson should be tried.

Look forward to doing something with you guys in the future and also the Dino Dini interview. That looked a mammoth session. He was pretty content with what he'd seen and done, having nabbed him for a drink after your interview. Might have you to thank for more Dino Dini games.

Blog Entries

Yeah, Dino was a good interview if only the music wasn't turned up to ear bleeding right when we started and then off the moment we finished. I am not so sure about drinking Stetson, I am even worried about side effects of contact with skin.
    Retrogaming Roundup Co-host and host of the Hardware Flashback.

Follow us on Facebook!

Email me with your hardware problems to be answered on the air; techquestions@retrogamingroundup.com

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910