4 16.67%
  • Luner Lander - Arcade

3 12.50%
  • Star Trek - Arcade

0 0%
  • Asteroids Deluxe - Arcade

3 12.50%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 05/12 Top-10 Vector Games (Arcade,Vectrex)

Default Torn between two

Atari Lunar Lander (my fav arcade cab)
    BattleZone

The former (posted elsewhere) was my "I get it!" machine, damning me to shoving coins into slots, and ultimately my career. The second was just an amazing immersive experience

How to pick, I love all vector games. Lunar Lander is probably my favorite of the list, always been a flight sim junkie. The first time I played it was also around the time the movie Apollo 13 came out, I was 11 or so. The thrust control really makes that game.

Quote Originally Posted by Compute View Post
    How to pick, I love all vector games. Lunar Lander is probably my favorite of the list, always been a flight sim junkie. The first time I played it was also around the time the movie Apollo 13 came out, I was 11 or so. The thrust control really makes that game.
    You were lucky to find a Lunar Lander when Apollo 13 came out in the mid 90s! I assume it was at a show / classic arcade? I saw one fairly recently in the space center in Oakland, CA of all places.

Had to go with Star Wars. It was so huge, and really used the vector graphics to make 3d space come to life.
    If you can't do it with 8 bits, you don't need to do it.

Check out my original rock/blues/folk/country at www.zeyerband.com or myspace.com/zeyerband.

Red Baron.

Had to be Battle Zone for me. Star Was was great as was Asteroids and Lunar Lander. There was something about standing on that platform peering through the scope and blasting enemy tanks that made it totally absorbing.

psimo Guest

I too cannot believe tempest isn't in there, must be some mistake. Still as fast and frantic today as it was then.
    SUPERZAPPER RECHARGE

Jammajup Guest

Major Havoc is the surprise for me not being on that list as i was led to believe it was one of the best vector games ever,no Tempest is a shock too.The Vectrex is at the top of my `worst console games ever list` not because of how the games look because vector graphics are awesome but i felt the games play terrible with maybe Berzerk and Scramble being the better ones so i would for an arcade game here for sure.
    Last edited by Jammajup; 26-08-12 at 10:50.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12