Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is your Game-Boy Tetris High Score?

Blog Entries

Default What is your Game-Boy Tetris High Score?

I'm not that great at video games but I still love playing them. My current high score in Tetris DX is: 323,776 points in Marathon Mode starting at level 9. (played on my GB Light) I can't remember what my high score was back in the day but I do remember seeing the Russian Space shuttle launch cut scene and was amazed.

So what is your Game Boy Tetris High Score? Has anyone on the forums reached the 999,999 points possible in tetris?

What is your personal best?

Blog Entries

Just talking about this in chat now, I haven't really played Tetris DX to any great degree but I'll give this a bash.

I usually play original Tetris on Game Type B with the hardest settings and I'll post my score for that later.

Good challenge though.
    Before you insult a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, when you insult him, you'll be a mile away, and have his shoes.
    Jamesonline.net
    RetroGaming RoundUp
    Follow us on Facebook

Blog Entries

Yeah like I said in chat I need to get an original Tetris for Game-boy. Until then I'll bash away at DX and try the B Game out on my psp Game-boy emulator. More fun playing on a real game boy though.

Quote Originally Posted by indieseoul View Post
    ISo what is your Game Boy Tetris High Score?
    I would have to say ZERO points. I don't recall ever playing it on a Game Boy. In fact I'm not even sure I've ever played ANYTHING on a Game Boy. I suppose that sounds hard to believe, but I never owned one, nor did any of my friends back then.

Blog Entries

Just had a go, and made the mistake of pausing when I had my tea.

When I resumed it was too fast to get back in the flow.

Managed a 207.xxx though which gave me a shuttle launch.
    Before you insult a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, when you insult him, you'll be a mile away, and have his shoes.
    Jamesonline.net
    RetroGaming RoundUp
    Follow us on Facebook

Blog Entries

Hate to burst your bubble, but I just did a continuous run and got 563,998

http://www.jamesonline.net/pics/images/tetris_dx.jpg
    Jamesonline.net
    RetroGaming RoundUp
    Follow us on Facebook

Blog Entries

Cool I knew it wouldn't take the Tetris Master UK very long to beat my measly score! Great job and you knocked it off after only one cuppa tea.

Blog Entries

Come on people, show us what you got.
    Jamesonline.net
    RetroGaming RoundUp
    Follow us on Facebook

Blog Entries

Current High Score for Game Type B on original Tetris is 23,855 but I think I have a 24,xxx on the PSP emulator. The original cart doesn't save high scores but I'll try it on hardware tonight.
    Jamesonline.net
    RetroGaming RoundUp
    Follow us on Facebook

random_dave Guest

as much as i love tetris i abslutely fall apart once the speed builds up, it's a problem that i have with Lumines and Bombliss too, which leads to some very rapid defeats when we play multiplayer

My brain is far better suited to having time to meticulously plan things, when the speed cranks up in stuff like this i almost feel like the blocks don;t move sideways fast enough to go where i want, but it's blatantly a problem with how fast my brain decides where it wants them to go

Nevertheless I shall have a bash later cos i have nothing better to do, is there a restriction on versions or formats e.g. Tetris vs. Tertris 2 vs. Tetris DX or GB vs GBA vs Super Gameboy vs Gamecube Gameboy Player? (not that i'd try and find a combination that lowers the refresh rate enough to give me more of a chance ;-) )

P.S. Bombliss is ace, UK, you should try it if you never have

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast