Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Vectrex Warrior 2012

Nope still nothing. Did you? I almost gave up on it to be honest. I won't be buying from them again.

And thanks!

Blog Entries

I hear they have shipped some and are still filling the orders. Should be soon me thinks.

I think you should reconsider "retroshaun." This guy is super reliable and super prolific on the Vectrex. Delays are to expected with homebrew stuff, unfortunately, and in some cases more often than those of us who regularly purchase/support these guys would like. This is his first ever real delayed game, but he had good reason, the best reason, and that's to make it even better. I rarely go to bat for others, but I'll go to bat for this guy. For the record, he's also "late" on some other hardware, but again, he gets a pass because he's delivered other stuff in the mean-time...

Yeah well unfortunately he is also late on the spinner he promised in October-ish (and in an email around that time said there would be no delay on that one). I don't think theres anything untoward, I am sure he's a bang-up guy and I have no reason to assume otherwise, but in my rather crazy lifestyle, moving around the country for work every year or even more frequently, its impossible to keep track of this stuff. Plus I could use the money for other things ratrher than having it tied up for a year or more.

All truth, but it's a risky game, and again, based on past history, I have to give him a pass, and this is coming from someone who has been burned many times and sometimes waited years for things before getting refunds (which, naturally, didn't quite match up).

Blog Entries

Ya, I have no doubt he will come through. I have bought a few things from them and no issues whatsoever. The wait will be worth it

It's Sturmwind for the Dreamcast I am worried about. Geeesh how long ago did I pay for that?

Sturmwind is a different problem alltogether

Last I heard from George he had discovered a bug and was remaking all carts he had already shipped, basically back to square one. He needs to test better. In future I would rather wait till the games are released then buy one right away. I guess the limited release games like Warrior make that non viable tho.

Still, I am kinda bummed out about the wait and lack of updates. I, as a developer, would be sending regular emails to my customers if I was so far behind. Its the least you can expect after spending your hard earned money so far in advance.

I had a little email communication with George and the update is... well, theres no update. He said currently he cannot give an ETA because he is really busy with work etc and as he has slipped his ETAs in the past he doesn't want to give another one that he may not be able to stick to. Fair enough I guess, but it doesn't look like this is imminent.

Well, its been 8 or so months since the last post on this and, just for old times sake, did anyone hear any updates?

Blog Entries

Nothing except that they are still on their way. Geesh!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast