Thread: what do you guys think is a reasonable price for a good condition boxed NES?

Default what do you guys think is a reasonable price for a good condition boxed NES?

Action Set. Boxed with styrofoam. Zapper and controllers. AV and Power. All working. Duck Hunt / Super Mario Bros Cart?

Oh, I should note this an NTSC console. It is a canadian box so it has Matel logos and French and english text. I've never seen a box like that, but then again I'm more of a Sega collector.

Seen some similar boxed NES going completed listings on ebay for around 120. Of COURSE I'm going to sell this on Game Gavel, but just want to make sure I'm being resonable.

Blog Entries

Ya, i would say $100 +/-. Not sure if that box is more rare than a standard US NES box or not.

Quote Originally Posted by GameGavel View Post
    Ya, i would say $100 +/-. Not sure if that box is more rare than a standard US NES box or not.
    I am not sure about the box either. I like the fact that it has the Mattel logo. Did the intellivision have an official release in Canada? If so, is it possible that the Intellivision and the NES were ever side by side on a shelf, both with Mattel logos? Probably not. but just interesting to think that Mattel stayed in the console business up here with the GREATEST SYSTEM EVER MADE (debatable I know). I was hoping someone on the community here might pipe up. As I said I am more of a Sega guy and as such I don't know as much about any potential subtle differences in packaging that might be desirable.

Also of interest I found some boxed NES games with this as well. Can't decide if I should include them with the NES to sweeten the deal or sell them all separately, I'm leaning towards separately.