Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Vita?

I went out last night at midnight to get one. Was the only person there for it. Bought a 3g model and a starter kit. Did not buy a physical game. Downloaded Super Stardust Delta when I got home (great game!). Also, been trying out the the features and demos available on the PSN. May get Touch My Katamari or Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus in a few days. The systems looks and feels great. The screen is amazing. The dual joysticks make all the difference. The multi-touch surfaces and motion control make for some interesting options for control schemes. The home screen user interface is playful and iPhone like. The playstation store is much easier to navigate and use than the PS3 store (missing videos and screenshot of games though). I am really loving it. Just wished Gravity Rush was a launch title.

The one thing that is bothering me is the lack of compatibly with digital titles I already own. Sony has been very misleading about the remote play feature. I thought I would be able to load my memory card with psone classics at least, but they are not compatible. You can access them via remote play, but the video quality and response time sucks (I was using wifi on my PS3, it may work better with a wired setup). You can play only a handful of PS3 games with remote play, and I own none of them.

Blog Entries

So if I have bought a PS1 game on the PSN store for my PSP (and I have) I couldn't play it on the Vita?
    Before you insult a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, when you insult him, you'll be a mile away, and have his shoes.
    Jamesonline.net
    RetroGaming RoundUp
    Follow us on Facebook

Not that I have found. When I go to my Download List it states beside the PS1 games "Cannot download using a PS Vita system." I could not find an option to transfer it from the PS3.

What I gather from a quick look on the Net is that the PS1 games will be made available later.

Blog Entries

That would be a real shame if that doesn't happen, but it goes to show my feelings on buying "virtual" games are well founded.

Firstly Nintendo are still f***ing me around over my eShop account and now Sony appear to be all but stealing my money as well. I can't see them blocking it, I really can't, because then they would need to host PS1 games for PSP and PS1 games for Vita as well, unless they just phase out and kill PS1 games for PSP.
    Before you insult a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, when you insult him, you'll be a mile away, and have his shoes.
    Jamesonline.net
    RetroGaming RoundUp
    Follow us on Facebook

I think Vita needs it's own title.....hopefully it will get more posts than the PSP

Work is a necessary evil to be avoided.

Mark Twain
    3ds friend code: 0817-3821-6504
    Mario Kart racer community: 65-1417-7306-7334
    PSN Name: tomtom2play

Blog Entries

This may sound evil but I believe I will wait until the Vita is properly hacked before I pick one up. I did the same with the PSP when it came out. Here is the way things worked with the PSP and later the PS3: 1. Sony makes a proprietary system with lots of headache inducing hoops to jump through in hopes hackers won't break it open. 2. A few days or months (years for the PS3) later someone hacks it and you can actually use the damn thing properly. 3. Sony gets mad at hackers for fixing their broken piece of shit and sues them. LOL Gotta love Sony!

I just love this video so I have to post it again:

Blog Entries

Blog Entries

Saw this for the first time tonight and was mildly impressed with the screen. It is huge and beautiful! Played me some Hot Shots Golf at Target and thought it was pretty good. I am getting tempted but will prob wait until the first price drop and discounted games

I did some trade in madness to get my Vita lol - got x6 copies of mariokart7 @ 20 each and traded them at Game UK recently for 37.50 lol!! (no wonder they are going bankrupt).

So I got my Vita for 120 :-)

The console itself is superb piece of kit - that OLED screen is hands down stunning - amazing/perfect blacks and no blur or ghosting. I got Uncharted with mine (excellent game) and a 16GB mem card. Just downloaded Stardust and bejesus that screen is amazing for that game :-) the colours glow like neon and the blacks are deep black inky pools.

Personally I'm looking forward to when this thing is cracked and emulators are released but I currently have my mobile emulator powerhouse in the shape of the Xperia Play R800i - I have reviewed this here.

All the best Retrogaming Podcast as always I doff my cap at your superb podcasts :-)

If anyone is a Playstation Plus member. There are several games availabe for download that are yours to keep as long as you a plus subscriber.

Work is a necessary evil to be avoided.

Mark Twain
    3ds friend code: 0817-3821-6504
    Mario Kart racer community: 65-1417-7306-7334
    PSN Name: tomtom2play

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.